Why you're doing BBG?
Have you done it before?
Fun Fact?
really anything :)

Replies

• JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My name is Jennifer and I live in Indiana. This is my first time doing BBG and I am so excited. I know I need to clean up my eating which is going to be the hard part. I don't eat horribly, but have issues with portion control. I don't care much for sweets, so that is not an issue, but I love my salty snacks. I can easily eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting if I am not careful. I am also going to have a hard time giving up my coffeemate in my coffee in the mornings. That is my one sweet weakness.

I may be a bit older than most of Kayla's followers. I am 41 years old with three kids. I'm told I don't look anywhere near my age though, so I hope losing some weight will help me to feel as young as I look. My kids are ages 19, 9 and 4. I am hoping to talk my 19 year old into doing the program with me.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in the group!
  • kwann1
    kwann1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi I'm Jo from Canada. My friend told me about BBG and she had AMAZING results after only 7 weeks so it motivated me to start the program as well (and great timing with the group starting on Jan 5!). I'm generally pretty fit but have gotten really lazy lately (holidays) and picked up some bad habits... no portion control, wine after dinner, etc that seems to have added an extra 10lbs I'm looking to get rid of. Hopefully btw MFP, Instagram, and following Kayla's group on FB I'll be able to keep at this!! The goal is bikini ready in 10 weeks (vacation time). Looking forward to meeting you all.
  • kwann1
    Options
    And I just finished the first day.... already sore! Not sure how I made it through the whole thing!
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Paige. I'm 5'8'', 26 years old, and live in the (currently very cold) state of Iowa. I'm doing BBG because my metabolism caught up with me after college, and I'm finally doing something about it. I used to be tiny and toned and didn't have to work out. I've gained about 25 lbs in the last 2 years and it does not look good on me!

I got into a really bad fast food habit for lunch at work, so I just cut out fast food completely and have been bringing healthy lunches to work. I also recently had to give up dairy due to an intolerance that's gotten worse. So I've been cooking chicken or fish & a salad or grain and bringing that to work. I definitely feel better already since cutting out processed food.

I'm starting BBG tonight! I love seeing all the before/after pics on Kayla's Instagram. I'm hoping mine will look as good. :)
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm Lauren. 5'0. 27 years old from PA. I'm doing BBG because of the great results I see REAL girls getting and I want to look like them!! I am not following the nutritional guide, but am doing the workouts. Starting week 1 today! (after work, shoot me!) So excited Kayla has such an amazing group of girls doing this movement and I think we can all support and motivate each other !!!!
  • lindsayjules
    lindsayjules Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lindsay, 28, from Colorado! I've started BBG once before but I only got through 2 workouts. My biggest thing with getting fit and healthy is keeping with a program. I'm so sick of being out of shape and it's interfering with my life. So I started the program today! I'm not following the nutritional guide but making sure to eat a healthy balanced diet.
  • Rachella_m
    Rachella_m Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Rachael, 30 years old with two kids aged 11 and 6 and live in London. I'm 5.4 and really need to get back into healthy eating and fitness. I would like to lose about 2 stone but am not too focused on the number on the scale, rather how I fit into my clothes! I have been following kayla on Instagram and see such good results, I want to get some too! Last year I had really great results following the 30 day shred but I lost motivation and slowly exercising regularly became a distant memory.

I joined the group because I think I need some accountability and hopefully get some support and encouragement knowing I'm not doing it on my own. I'm also going to try to add in some bikram yoga to my exercise regime (which I love!) but can't get to classes all the time which is why I think Kayla's work out is great because I can do it at home after work.
  • kwann1
    Options
    Has anyone purchased the eating plan? I did not but am curious to know approximately how many calories she suggests to eat each day?
  • Rachella_m
    Rachella_m Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I did my workout for the day. Glad I've started, no looking back now! I'll have a look through her HELP- Healthy Eating Lifestyle Plan tomorrow and get back to you @kwann1‌. I'm not following it myself, I'm just planning to log my food intake on mfp and try to keep it healthy.
  • playthagame
    playthagame Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Im Kirsty, im 26 from Scotland. First time BBG-er. Decided I needed more structure to my workouts and wanting to lose some beef so thought this would be pefect. Doing first workout later today :)
  • caity59
    caity59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!! :)
    Hi Everyone! I'm Caitlin, i'm 23 from Ontario, Canada. I am currently on week 14 on the second guide. The first one is great, my results aren't like the ones kayla shows but I am satisfied with the end results. Did the first guide with my sister in law, its great to have that support with someone and that push! I want to focus this year on not as many bad cheat meals. Cant wait to hear back from everyone and to keep the support for the next 12 weeks we got this girls!!! my instagram is caity59 if anyone wants to support each other there too!
  • rupi123
    rupi123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is rupi; 30; 5'5; and wanting to lose 20 pounds (160 currently). Glad I found the group as I need the support and motivation from people sticking to the program! I'm on day 3 of the program - my body hurts... But it's good pain (right??? Lol) 12 weeks is nothing... We got this ladies!
  • Talirae9
    Talirae9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Girlies!

My name is Tali, 30 years old, 5'2 and hit my highest weight ever on the Sunday after Christmas at 150 lbs. A nice starting point I guess! I've been eyeing the BBG for a while now and finally pulled the trigger a month ago. I did a few of the pre-workouts from it but wasn't consistent, so I'm excited to have hopped onto this program WITH Kayla and a million other girls, all on the same path and timing. I know I'm not alone!

I'm doing this for so many reasons, but my first goal is to lose 20-25 for my wedding in June. I've got a beautiful dress with a low back that looked ok on and fit well, but i know it will look stunning if I tone up and drop some weight. Beyond that, I want to create consistent, reliable habits for myself surrounding exercise and healthful eating so that it just becomes who I am, a part of me. I no longer want to be the friend that's always on a new diet. I also want to be a fit mom, a hot mom! And keep those consistent habits going once I have children so that they learn from me. I'm trying to rope my sweet fiancé into it as well. :) He's done both workouts with me so far and is eating whatever I feed him, so we're doing ok so far. I'm proud of him!

Anyway, looking forward to doing this with you ladies! Let's ROCK it! I wanna be one of Kaylas before and after girls! Who's with me?!

Tali Rae
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! Hi everyone! I'm really surprised at how many people joined this group since I made this a couple days ago! Happy to see you all! Did any of you make fitness/bbg instagrams? (if so I'm tahnifit_bbg but will switch to tahnifit soonish)

Anyway, like many of you I had stalked Kayla's instagram account with my friends. We never stuck past the first day and we finally decided to commit when the 1/5/2015 movement started!

I'm 21 & a 5'4(.5) senior in college at Purdue University. From Ohio but moving to Philadelphia post graduation. I studied abroad in China and lost 10 lbs last spring so I'm sitting at about 126 lbs and would like to get to maybe 110? Where ever toned takes me. :)

So happy you're all here!!!
  • LeighGP
    Options
    Hello! My name is Leigh from Houston. I am 34 years old with a 2 year old boy. I started BBG on Monday but am just now finding this group. Glad to have some people to do this with! I have a goal of losing 15 pounds (and then re-assessing to see if I need to lose more but I would be thrilled with that)! I am doing the pre-training weeks. Anyone else? I got lazy over the last couple of months so I didn't want to get too sore the first week.
  • aecheteb
    Options
    Hi! My name is Adachka. I'm 38yo, no kids. I'm originally from Houston but live in Auckland, New Zealand now. I am starting the BBG challenge next monday with my bestfriend who lives in Colorado. My goal is to drop 20-30lbs and to be healthy and get back on regular exercise routine. I am doing the BBG to kickstart things and keep me motivated to being fit. I decided to claim my body back this year after a year of back injury, illness, fertility treatments (ie bloat and weight gain causing hormones) and general hedonism:-) I got on the dreaded scale that I've been avoiding last week and that is when I decided that I can either nip things in the bud or go on to be the person I always told myself I would never be-- someone who doesn't put her health and well-being first and foremost. I have already started clean-eating and hiking about 4miles a day since last Saturday. I have lost almost 8lbs in bloat and fat from keeping my net caloric intake at 1200 (after exercise). I already have so much more energy and feel lighter and super motivated! I'm glad to see there's others on here on the same journey! Lets do this!!!
  • craycrayhair
    craycrayhair Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm starting BBG 1.0 today. I have a wedding to go to in exactly 12 weeks, so the plan seemed perfect! I got through about 3-4 weeks of it before the holidays, but with finals and everything else, I fell off the wagon. Legs and Cardio today were hard, to say the least. Looking forward to getting my endurance back.

I'm 5'7" and 29 years old. I started trying to lose weight back in 2011, when I was 157 lbs. It wasn't very hard to get down to around 140, but every time I get into the 130s, I usually gain it back eventually. Right now I'm about 136, looking to get under 130 by the end of the 12 weeks.

I'm also going to be doing the Candida Cleanse diet for the next 90 days. Basically, no artificial sugar, no yeast or things that feed yeast (i.e. no gluten, corn, white potatoes), and very little natural sugar (fruit intake is limited). Also lots of herbal supplements! I've already lost some weight with the diet in just a couple of weeks - but probably mostly water weight, given the limited carbs.
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow craycrayhair! You sound super motivated! That's so awesome! Just make sure that you are getting enough energy to tackle Kayla's program.

I know she recommends an eating style with 6 servings of healthy grains a day and plenty of fluids, which sounds kinda the opposite of Candida.

Keep us updated on your progress and don't forget to listen to your body as you go!
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sandra from (usually sunny, currently frozen) Eastern Washington state. I'm a 34-year-old wife and mother/stepmother of three (one mine, two his, aged 13, 10, and 8). I usually run and lift weights, but I hate the dreadmill and it's way too cold and dark to run in the mornings like I usually do. I started BBG 1.0 today as a way to get some cardio and resistance training in a relatively short amount of time. I don't really have a goal weight in mind, I just want to firm up the jiggly bits, which I am finding is WAY harder to do now than it was in my teens/twenties!
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello All. My name is Amy and I've been commenting but realized I never introduced myself. I'm 24, 5.2, located in idaho and this is the first structures program I've ever tried to do. I got into running almost two years ago and lost 15ish lbs but got lazy around September and I got back up to 130. I certainly don't look like I did before I started exercising but I was never quite able to reach my goal weight of 115, so I'm still trying for that.
    Most I just want to feel and look strong! Which is why I started the BBG. Should have done this at the start but oh well. Here are my measurements at the end of week 3 of the program.
    Biceps: 10.6 in (l) 11.2 in (r) flexed
    9.75 (l) 10.1 (r) not flexed
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 37.1
    Thigh: 22.3 (l) 22.6 (r)

Not really sure I'm seeing progress but I already feel a whole lot stronger!