Low Carbers Here?

Options
cindytw
cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
I have allowed myself some leeway, to break my bigger vices of Dairy and Junk food. But I am kind of having a hard time with hunger, and I think it may be because I have allowed myself too much leeway with carbs. What do you find you get hungry on carb grams wise? What works for you?

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I find I get hungry on this diet if I don't eat enough fiber and protein.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My carbs have been pretty low and that doesn't seem to make me hungry.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've set my carbs at 51g but usually hit somewhere in the 30's. Last time (3 months ago) when I was following paleo I tried going keto and set at 15g and it really helped to derail/confuse me because I so sick and lethargic. I've learned from that though and I might set my carbs lower if I get stuck on the scale for any length of time over 4 weeks. I also tried 5:2 at a nutritionists advice, and nope, not for me, in fact that was the beginning of the end for me and I ate crap from Oct 31 to Dec 31. Glad for this group. I'm already starting to feel like my old self.

I follow the lchf group for the information; maybe I'll try again in few months. Last time I don't think I was eating enough calories, I've set mine at 1450 now and know I just have to be patient. When I was in my 20's I could drop it by starving myself, so I had to get over that mentality.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think anywhere between 45~35 works best for me. I'm keeping a batch of bone broth going for the month and that has really helped me.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »
    I have allowed myself some leeway, to break my bigger vices of Dairy and Junk food. But I am kind of having a hard time with hunger, and I think it may be because I have allowed myself too much leeway with carbs. What do you find you get hungry on carb grams wise? What works for you?

If my carbs are close to 100g two days in a row, I start to get hungry. I try to keep them under 80 most days, with one or two days a week (but not consecutive days) where I get about 100g carbs, or if it's a holiday or birthday maybe 150g.

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    cindytw wrote: »

If my carbs are close to 100g two days in a row, I start to get hungry. I try to keep them under 80 most days, with one or two days a week (but not consecutive days) where I get about 100g carbs, or if it's a holiday or birthday maybe 150g.

Thanks, I think I need to do the 100 only seldom and go lower otherwise.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I follow Sisson's Primal Blueprint and consume about 30-40g carbs per day. Because I eat high fat, I pretty much stay full all day and I find it difficult eating all of the foods on my plan. Fat is the answer for me, it keeps me full and satisfied!
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I follow Sisson's Primal Blueprint and consume about 30-40g carbs per day. Because I eat high fat, I pretty much stay full all day and I find it difficult eating all of the foods on my plan. Fat is the answer for me, it keeps me full and satisfied!

^This. I stay full on fat. (If I'm reaaaally hankering for a snack then I either go for a fat bomb or somthing with some protein in it and that ties me over)