Medifast Refugees?

Options
Hello,
I am a MF refugee looking for the community that was disbanded by the corporate greed on the MF site. Anyone here?

Replies

• SlimmingFool
    Options
    I'm here! Trying to figure out this darn site and find the support we all once had on the MF site . . . .missing the blogs so much! I am back on MF today after quite a few months of stop and go (and quite a few pounds gained as well). Hopefully I will be able to find this discussion thread again . . . .I still haven't figured out how this MFP site works yet . . . .take care and I look forward to keeping this thread going. :)
  • kas1209
    kas1209 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello!!
    Very disheartening :( . I've called support twice now inquiring about the community/forums. The first time (after the launch) I was told it would be up after the 8th. I called yesterday and was told they don't know, they know as much as we do and to submit "feedback". I was blunt and said the the feedback key appears to useless, that I'm sure a GREAT deal of people are missing these forums for support and it's sad that they can't give an answer.....
    I find the food logging cumbersome as well and have made a bunch of suggestions through feedback.
    So, for now, I'm logging my food on MFP.
    Sorry, don't mean to be so negative. I just found the forums/community to be so very helpful!
  • Lillyrose125
    Lillyrose125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm here too! Talk about one day you are basking in the warmth of other MF losers and then thrown out in the cold to wonder where everyone is? I believe they "execs that be" at MF will find out it wasn't just the "diet" that worked - it was the support we all gave each other. If it hits them in their wallet, they will rethink what they did, but at that point, we will have all moved on.
  • crysreed1
    Options
    I am very upset myself :( I am very near the end of my Medifast/TSFL journey and I am at a loss. So many questions - I exercise 4 days a week ranging from 30-60 minutes with an average calorie burn of about 350-450 calories. I have switched to 4+2 at this point because I pretty much stopped losing. I am so disheartened to not have the forum support and guidance like before. If anyone else is in my boat with the exercise and struggling to lose the last 13 or so pounds please contact me, I am willing to try most anything at this point (except give up my workout). Not sure what to do. I have been on 4+2 for 1 week and I weigh in tomorrow, but at this point I have spent all week bouncing up and down the same 2 pounds :( Desperately hoping to go back down tomorrow for my weigh in or I will be officially lost on what to do
  • pnash4508
    pnash4508 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Medifast and excited that you are all here! I've been logging everything in MFP for a couple of months now but only started the plan 2 weeks ago.
  • CTJGIRL
    CTJGIRL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, it does not look like there is much action here either. MF did a great job of fragmenting people! What a disaster!
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey all - yeah - this particular group has never seen more than a few messages per week - but some of us do check periodically...
  • PuggleDoodle
    PuggleDoodle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site, I hope medifasters get active for 2015! I was hesitant to post on the community page, figure that it's easier with folks following the same program :) I restarted Jan. 1, weigh-in tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed.

Wishing everyone a great day....I'll be posting regularly...hoping to get and offer support along the way.
    Carol
  • BubonicTonic
    BubonicTonic Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm restarting Medifast and am also pretty weirded out by the changes on their site. I used the blog as a semi-daily journal to record my thoughts and work through the program, and I think it had an enormous effect on my progress. Has anyone heard if they intend to revive this part of their website, or are we out of luck? PS - good luck everyone! Stick to this program and it will work for you. :)
  • PuggleDoodle
    Options
    I miss the old medifast site too!
    How is everyone doing this week? I'm faltering a little today, we had a luncheon yesterday with lots of left-overs... I can't believe I was tempted after a 7 pound loss! I hope to get everything back on track for another goo week!
    Good luck everyone!
    Carol
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Man I love the 5 and 1. Went back on two weeks ago yesterday, already down 9.1 of the 16 I wanted to drop before training for my next big race. Three more weeks and I can start piling the miles on again!
  • alhannah17
    alhannah17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    RIP, old MF site. We loved you! I don't know if they'll ever get it back to what it was...

But alas, we're finding new ways to support each other and check in with one another, so I'm just happy there is still such a strong MFing community around! Back on plan for 1 week now, down a ton! I already feel so much better and pants feel looser!!!
  • PuggleDoodle
    Options
    Hi All. Sounds like everyone is having a good week!
    I'm in Maryland, and we had we had our first snow and freezing rain this morning, but should be warming up in a day or two.

419 - What is your next race? Have you been running long?
    Alhanna17 - Sounds like you are doing great! Love the NSV, looser pants!!!
    BubonicTonic - You and I are both restarters. Week 1 was great, week 2 has been a little sketchy - unexpected stuff - should be back on track now. Looking forward to weighing tomorrow, just to put it behind me;-)

Have a good evening,
    Carol
  • mommyowa
    mommyowa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all I was a steadfast MF Forum user-It was one of the keys to my success. Career change (read downsizing and I got the axe) after 14 years in a community with 10 years as their pastor equals I ate candy corn like I had a stalk growing in my back yard. And lets don't even talk about the Blue bell Ice cream.
    Sooooo here I am. Looking for my old body, my real body and my best life. I miss that girl, her clothes, her swagger and her health. Down 14 lbs in 2 weeks, headed to my goal by summer. Blessings to you all-may we be for each other what we all would like for ourselves. Love this program-let's make it work for us!
    MOW
  • lisaaa1970
    lisaaa1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm here looking for the support that used to exist when I did MF back in 2012. The crappy new MF site is down and they have no idea when it will be back up again, so I'm done with them. Can't even log food and the person with whom I was chatting really didn't seem to get how that was an issue. So tired of their shenanigans! Hopefully these forums will be easier to navigate and will be more populated.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Ive been out of the loop. But wow, they MF forums are down? Thats incredibly stupid on their part. The MF community here was always pretty sparse compared to the official site. There was so much good stuff on that site to help liven up the MF diet so you dont get bored of eating the same stuff every day.
  • singingwendy
    singingwendy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I just decided to head back to the 5-1 plan, and thought I'd check into the forums I used to frequent about a year ago. I was so confused when I couldn't find anything. Your posts now confirm that everything is indeed gone! I thought I was losing my mind for a while!
  • piper4596
    piper4596 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Me too. I didn't always post on the forums, but I read them regularly. I do not like the new website at all. Why on earth do you have to round pounds to a whole number? It sounds so silly, but that is the biggest mistake. I'm happy to drop half a pound or a few ounces and I want it tracked that way. I went off of medifast cold turkey and didn't transition. Then winter came and I ate and drank my way through Nov, Dec, Jan and most of Feb. Today is day 7 of getting back on track. I need to get back to where I was before. I'm determined. Will try to post here. Glad to have others in the same boat as me.
  • singingwendy
    singingwendy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I miss all the "insider knowledge" you could find on those forums. Links to recipes, ideas for exercising, all those fun things.... Now I'm back to google searches! :-)
  • pierini
    pierini Posts: 1
    Options
    Have all of the displaced Medifast-ers find a new forum to start using? Or is everyone still scrambling and separated after the execs at MF ruined the MF forums? Just trying to find out where everyone went.