Options
Myrtbbk
Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
This is day two for me on this site and so far, so good. I've got at least 100 lbs to lose, but I know I'll get there. The problem is, I recently (end of Oct.) had to have major surgery for peritonitis and as a result, I now have what I hope is a temporary ostomy. My surgeon insists I lose 30 lbs before he'll attempt to reconnect my colon, lest the surgery fail. If that happens, I'll end up with a permanent ostomy, and I sure don't want that! Because of all that, I'm a woman on a mission! Another hurdle is that almost a year ago I was declared in full remission from lymphoma. That meant three years of treatment, including steroids and fatigue to the point I could barely stay awake, which helped with my weight gain. Those aren't excuses, just the truth about what life can throw at us.
I plan on hitting the treadmill, but walking is still a bit wobbly after the surgery. I have to take it slowly and do my best.
I'm glad I found this group.

Replies

• debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    WOW - you have been through alot! Welcome to the group, these are a fine bunch of people and are there for you.
  • Othermama7
    Options
    Will keep you in my prayers! You can do it!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Welcome and sorry you have had such rough time, feel free to add me if you would like to.
    wishing you well
    carol
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome Myrtbbk. You've found a great group. Very encouraging bunch here.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Myrtbbk! Congratulations on taking this first step. Glad to have you with us!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can do this. There are lots of people here losing or have lost. Lots of encouragement and first-hand understanding of health issues and food issues. You will like it here.
  • Lyndal816
    Lyndal816 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You've joined a great supportive group. Feel free to add me to your list of friends.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. You've had some serious health issues, but with the lymphoma in remission, I'd say the tide is turning. When you start on the treadmill, start slowly and hang on. Walking is the best exercise for many us, but you need to learn your limits. I'm still learning my limits because I'm dealing with asthma that was ignored until I was in my early 40's. Also, I'm gluten free which was another hurdle for me to get through. We do this together. So, welcome to the group. You'll do great, just in baby steps.