I need this group!

Options
Being 42 and having been fat all my life I feel like it is so hopeless to lose because of my age. Everyone told me me once you hit 40 it is harder to lose weight and may not come off.
Well, here I am at this age and need the weight to go. I need support of people my own age that are losing weight and are doing well so I can learn and have hope that I can lose the 80bs I need to get rid of.

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Hi, Snoopymama15. I am the same age as you. I don't think the process is necessarily harder but I think life gets in the way making it more of a struggle but it's totally doable.
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree we had so much more time to be active without even noticing!!

I realized the other day I can complain everyday to my office mates about feeling yucky and being heavy or I can get off my but and make changes... I struggle every day - but I feel better just trying
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm 45 and have been able to take weight off and keep it off. You can do this! Stay positive and on track. Using this website has really kept me "honest." Yes, many days I show that my calorie intake is "over" what it should be, but that doesn't get me down because it's not every day. I enjoy sweets, my morning coffee and eat pretty much what I'd like to but all in moderation! Stay positive and do something good for yourself every day - even if it's just a five-minute "zone out" time for yourself! Good luck!
  • dollypno1
    dollypno1 Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it so what if it's a lil bit harder, it does not make it impossible. I am over forty and have started watching my weight in the past 5 weeks or so and my scales say that I am loosing the weight. Did I mention that I am over 40 years of age :smile: . There are tons of people here who have had even more success, so please go for it.
  • quelie45
    Options
    Yes you can. I am 47. i realised the scale was creeping up on me.I lost 5 lbs from Thanksgiving to today. I reduced my calories to 1200 and exercise 5 days a week.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We have the tools, we have support, we can do this! Age is just a number!