Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, January 5th - 11th

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! Well, just to throw some salt in my wounds I am now without a laptop for about two weeks :|
    I dropped it slightly and now the charger piece inside it bent. It is covered under warrenty, so that is good, but I guess I am now going to learn to master mfp on my phone! I am glad I could even post, was not sure!

I am so happy to see so many new posters, but on my phone it is harder to look up and down the thread to see who wrote what. I am not giving up, please bare with me the next couple weeks!!

Morning hydration did not happen today, I really have to work in that. It is so important to my health being a type one diabetic with only one kidney! And being so heavy I get dehydrated really fast if I am not careful.

My new goal this week is to learn how to log food from my phone lol

I am not giving up! And I don't want any of you to either!! We got this!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    unknown-sorry about your computer. and I am also glad you can use your phone now. because you couldn't get into the groups.

jltheis7- WTG on getting 8000 steps, that is great. some days it's so hard for me to even get 5k in steps. thats why i have to push my self some days.

Numb5kull, RhonndaJ and ,FloraJL- welcome to the group.

matfatcowboy- how was your day yesterday?

today I am still sore which is normal for me when I haven't worked out in for ever it seems. today I think might be just a easy day. I think I'm just going to do zumba ( I don't care much for this teacher because she adds way to many steps in to her dances) she is a dancer and really good so she over does zumba to much but I think if I do something it is going to help.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Had a good eating day yesterday, weather has kept me inside all week (no running, no access to a treadmill) but I've been doing bodyweight exercises to try to compensate. Biggest thing for me so far this week is getting enough sleep.
  • jessicaelaine82
    jessicaelaine82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My goals this week is simple try to get out after work and walk to 30 mins and remember to wear my fitbit again. Its rough starting over.
  • michellewalker8866
    michellewalker8866 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, I am also glad the holidays are behind us. I have been logging everyday through the holidays but not posting much.

My goals this week:
    1. Log all food intake
    2. Gym before work everyday
    3. 10,000 steps everyday (weekend included)
    4. Start working out with weights this week.

I'm going to take my photo tonight.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Ok, I have started up my old desktop lol

Hello everyone!! A big welcome to all the new posters!!

FYI, I am going to take my photo challenge tomorrow morning.....

I finally made a DRS appt for Friday morning as I still seem to be getting sicker instead of better....can't wait until I am not blowing my nose and coughing every two minutes!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    So,. how is everyone doing with their goals this week at the half way mark??

I have two I had to drop, I am not able to blog until I get my laptop back, because believe it or not, I have no idea how to find my blog without the bookmark lol

I also had to drop the YMCA, as I can't even walk without getting out of breath because of all the crap in my chest...I can't wait to see the DR tomorrow, hopefully she will be able to give me something to get rid of this!

I forgot how much faster I type on this desktop, the keyboard is different so I do not accidentally erase an entire post with two keystrokes, lol. I am actually a very very fast typist, but find the flat keyboard on my laptop slows me down.

How many of you have taken your photos?? I am going to do mine today.

cowboy - I know what you mean, the weather here has been terrible this week....we have an advisory out to not have uncovered skin outside for more than 5-10 minutes because it is so cold!

michelle - I could not agree more, the holidays are so busy and stressful, I am always relived when they are over...not a big Christmas fan to start with, and then all the craziness sucks what little holidays spirit I might have out of me well beforehand, lol

jessica - I have a fitbit too, I bought it for myself on Black Friday, the flex...I love it....

skittles - did you try any new classes?

jitheis - how is school going so far? Are you able to keep your stress in check??

Thanks for all the support BTW, I really appreciate it!

I am working on my daily glass of lemon water now, LARGE glass, I should be drinking it faster but can't get any air through my nose at all, so I am not wanting to drink...This better be my only cold this winter cuz it is a big one....

I am wanting to change my handle here....I used Unknown_Sister because I was going to try and keep this page separate from my everyday life and friends, honestly just so I could post bluntly on the message boards....but truth me told, I am rather blunt and outspoken anyway....I use my facebook as a soapbox for social and political issues, lol, so my friends already know I am a loud mouth....and now I have three personal friends on here anyway that have 'found' me over time, so I am thinking about changing my handle to one that I normally use on sites and more suits me....will that just confuse everyone at this point??
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I had more of a success last night than I thought.

I do mystery shopping and last night I had to do a shop for a quick service food shop in the mall. I usually avoid the mall like the plague so I had no idea where inside the mall the store was (it doesn't have a food court). I picked one end I knew had a lot of fast food places, but of course it was at the opposite end of the mall.

I am recovering from two knee sprains. I injured one while moving furniture, and two weeks later I sprained the other one while exercising (ironically). They still bother me A LOT.

But I decided that instead of going back out to my car in the single-digit temperature to walk the distance. My knees were screaming 3/4 of the way there but at that point I didn't have any other option so I powered through.

Before I went to the shop, I went to their website and figured out the foods I could have and what the total calorie count would be. I ate well, felt full, and then walked back.

I was surprised to find out that I burned 245 calories! (I used Map My Walk to track distance and speed).

I feeling mighty proud of myself for forcing myself, even though I can barely move today.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I did not get to do my classes yet, one is tonight and the other is tomorrow, I did just finish body pump. today I don't see me getting a lot of steps in because I did body pump, Plus tonight class, but tomorrow is going to be a 20k day :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I was certain that I posted yesterday. Ah well.
    I'm doing well in my week's goals.
    I'm actually tracking my weeks from Thursday to Wednesday, so I added in exercise to my goals.
    Not much but I'm just getting back to it.
    5 minutes on The Beast (aka an elliptical)
    I do wear a fitbit, but my numbers are dismal.

It's so great to be reading what others are doing.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Thanks to everyone for posting what they are up to. I love it. :smile:

I have made good progress this week, I lost 2.8 lbs so far. Woot!
    Took my "before" pics last night. Whoa, eye opening! Side view is EVIL!! I haven't had a full length mirror since we moved into our place 3 years ago so I was really surprised to see the total package. Need to get one stat.
    Drinking so much water!! Not a habit yet, but It will be. I always do better with water in the warmer months. Cold days I drink a ton of black coffee so I'm trying to switch back and forth now.
    I bought my kids scooters for Christmas and it has been working out great that they love them and gets me moving chasing after them around the neighborhood.
    I think I have eaten my weight in veg this week too. I feel so much better already. I really hadn't noticed how bad I had gotten about not eating veggies. And for no good reason, I love them! P.s. Roasted radishes are killer, who knew!?

Keep up the good work all! We can do it!!

• jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    2.8 lbs lost--nice!

Between bad weather and work I'm pretty stressed out. I am managing to not go crazy and eat my weight in breads, pastas and potatoes but it is tempting to just numb those cranky feelings.

As far as the name change, go ahead, it's just a label.

Flora, you kept walking!

Everyone else, sorry I'm tired and cold and gonna head to bed early so you are all just a wish that you keep finding the motivation to work towards your goals...be well all!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Rhonnda - I think The Beast is a perfect name! Whenever I do five minutes on it, I spend the entire time convincing myself I can last the whole five minutes!!

jitheis - hope work gets better soon :(
  • michellewalker8866
    michellewalker8866 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well my week was going well until today. I have been logging my food and I have been staying within my calorie range. I have meet my 10,000 steps daily, until today. I'm hoping I can get close to it anyway here in the house. I have not done my picture yet. I need to get that done. I met with a trainer last night and have my weight lifting plan. So, I will start that tomorrow. So, this week I have been doing good until today with it being so very cold.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well I was going to try a new class yesterday but I hurt my arm in body pump so yesterday sucked for me. but at least I was able to get something in. as for today I have zumba and I am going to go on the treadmill. my arm still hurts a bit so I won't be really moving that arm much at zumba.

I also just made my first oatmeal smoothie its not to bad. I think I just need to try adding different fruits to it. just kind of play around with them.
  • RhonndaJ
    Options
    Hey, UnknownSister... when I started here ages ago I used the name BlueFamiliar. It was because both my sister and neice were on here and, well, I didn't want them to know in case I failed. I got over that and picked up my name. I'm actually happy about that. And believe me, trying to keep things separate is often hard. My personality is my personality. Sometimes nice, sometimes blunt, sometimes sarcastic.

My week is going well. Almost forgot to log a piece of chocolate from last night, but put it in there today when I remembered I had it (a coworker sharing a christmas gift). Have veggies with my dinner is still irritating to me, but it's necessary and it's good for me and I know if I give myself time I'll love it. I'm doing great with the water on work days, being off the next two days will be some conscious effort, but I know I can do it.

Today's exercise was following one of the Daily Burn programmes, and boy do I feel like a whimp again. ~chuckles~ But I got the half hour done. Their calorie counts are insane so I'm only logging a small fraction, maybe an eighth of it.

I did do a picture, a couple actually, and I'll be taking measurements today as well. I'm starting sort of a weightloss journal, sort of a scrapbook meets diary rather than simply logging things, so the pics and measurements will be part of that.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have done my photo. I had a long tiring day yesterday, and still ate well.
    However, then I had an insulin reaction in the middle of the night and ate some crap, whatever I could grab, I was just so tired and wanted to go back to sleep. I slept pretty good last night, the best I have had since this cold.
    I have an extra long shift at work today, but have all my food packed! Looking forward to coming home and relaxing tonight!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well I haven't done the two new classes like I wanted, because of the weather and my arm, but I did work out every day this week, I went to 7 classes this week at my gym so thats good and I did at least 1 hour a day of exercise. I also logged all my food. I was over a few days but I had body pump two of the days and I was extra hungry. tomorrow I do my weigh in and hope for a loss. we shell see. everyone have a great day.
  • RhonndaJ
    Options
    Well, had a bad period late last night when I went crazy with plain M&Ms, but I logged them, so that's good, even if the numbers annoy me. Did well on the veggies yesterday and will do the same today, few concerns about that over the weekends. I did not do as well yesterday with water as I want, but nothing else but tea so it could be a whole lot worse. Also got my workout in. I'm very happy about that.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Crazy day today. One son turned 8 yesterday and the other turned 23 today. I spent a LOT of time in the car and went through the McDonald's drive thru and had a success in ordering the fruit and yogurt parfait instead of the burger I preferred. It even satisfied me!

Had a 100% noncompliant dinner (because birthdays), took the kids bowling, and came in under my calorie goal! I did NOT expect that!