Day 8

Options
emma7437
emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
Feeling good today. Hunger is gone, energy is good, no cravings! Hope it continues : )

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hey Emma - I am glad you are going strong! I am so tired this morning, but I think that has to do with my kids being up ALL night and less to do with diet. haha. I noticed yesterday that my mind feels more "clear." I have less of that foggy feeling in the afternoons. Oh my hubby is doing great as well. He got on the scale this morning and has already lost 10 lbs!! I think it's a lot of water weight from the horrible holiday eating we did.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Doing good, feeling good, finally got a good night's rest. One thing, yesterday I ate my dinner around 4:30 and well, I don't want to get in that habit because I can see it sabotaging things. Upping my fat today and thank the stars almond butter qualifies as paleo because it's a real life saver when my stomach tries to tell me to feed it. Lol, it's me against my stomach, but I'm going to win this time.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I woke up with a sore throat, not sure if it's diet or just a sore throat but here I am day 8!! I did xfit last night and it was brutal but I'm glad I went. Tonight will be a challenge with happy hour but I can do it. Tomorrow I'm having a small dinner party and making it Whole 30, I'll have wine for my guests. Trout and steak. Sounds like everyone is on track and doing well!
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    YouYoi can do it Quinn! I have 2 bday parties to go to this month. That will be a challenge for sure.
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    **You
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My day did NOT go as planned. Forgot my lunch & my grocery list.Drove to & from in ground blizzard for work. Had taco meat, iceberg lettuce, salsa & some ranch dressing (the dressing is not compliant but I was hungry) for lunch instead of my intended soup. I had that tonite with a 1/2 an avocado. I felt like eating ALL day today!!!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there. It was a super stressful day all around, so I stumbled (had a piece of candy, but managed to keep it to just one, and it didn't really satisfy at all, so I'll be less tempted tomorrow, I think) but pretty much stuck to the plan.
  • homesweeths
    Options
    p.s. I am not doing well on sleep. Here it is nearly midnight and I'm on the internet, for example. It was a really stressful day, with a number of crises, and I'm worn out but too wound up to sleep.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Emma!

My energy isn't at 100% yet, but I'm definitely sleeping more soundly. Hopefully my workouts will start improving. My last two were Tuesday and Wednesday, and I just couldn't perform as well as I'd like.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Here's a quote I stole from a poster on the main forum that keeps me going: "if you focus on results, you'll never change. If you focus on change, you'll get results." In other words, baby steps and don't let one small slip derail you. I know the weather is crappy for just about everyone right now so try to stay busy this weekend and cook some awesome food for next week, that's my plan.

It's still early in the day for me, 10am but I can already tell my fake hunger pains are subsiding but I also raised my calories so I don't burn out. Good luck and have an awesome weekend. For those stressing, hot bath with hot tea, pamper yourself!!
  • homesweeths
    Options
    Good advice, Emily.

On track so far today, with a really satisfying lunch.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Am going back to plain old primal. Whole30 is too restrictive for me, especially as my head is full of other stuff at the moment. Good efforts everyone else, keep on truckin' !