Great program

Options
neil3125
neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
I am on my third week of this program and really enjoying it.

I had lost interest in weight lifting as I had gotten bored with the workout I had been doing off and on for the last 10 years or so.

I'm looking forward to reaching failure on a couple of exercises in the next week or so.

Anybody else out there making some gains? This group is pretty quiet for the last few months . . .

I've got Workout B tomorrow, squat, OHP, and DL.

Replies

• Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 and loving it. Can't say I'm making #gainz yet as I'm still working with low weight and focusing on form.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    You should be able to go many weeks before you fail; otherwise, you might have started off too heavy.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i probably started too heavy on bench. i think i have a ways to go everywhere else
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I have started and stopped SL 5x5 several times but most recently started again with just the bar and have been working my way up -- I remember feeling like I was lifting heavy with 2-25lb plates on the bar and then thought I really made progress with 2-45lb plates -- I'm currently squatting at 210 lbs. for 5x5.
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off SL 5x5 for about a year (why so erratic??) work schedule changes, and injury. however I love the program, and have gained size and strength.
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How's everyone progressing.... I've been slow, but steady. Hit failure a couple of times on OHP.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    If you use the app on your phone to track the workouts, it has an automatic deload feature which I recently used after not lifting for 2 weeks -- it automatically takes a percentage off the weights when you have been away for a while and then you can work back up again -- however, the plate calculator is currently being flaky so I hope that is fixed soon.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I loved the program, but I think one of the reasons the group does not get much movement, is that the program (if run to it's completion with no interruptions); typically only lasts between 6-12 months for most. So people fall out of needing or wanting to post to this group as they have moved on to another program and feel that the group is no longer relevant, etc... I know for myself, I try to help with questions I feel I can answer in this group when they arise, but with so little movement, there isn't much to contribute. Maybe, even though the group is named for the StrongLifts program, we can explore other topic matter as it just relates to lifting, programming, dieting, etc... outside of the StrongLifts program.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea @cajuntank. I think you're right about the reasons and, also, there is so much good information on the StrongLifts website there isn't really much left to ask about.