Adding Foods

Options
anewstart22
anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
I have started playing around with it and I find it is very similar to NM and find I can save recipes and menus, along with recent foods I just logged. I don't think this will totally replace NM, what could replace NM anyway? The friends we've made and the family we have become there. It will take some work getting used to the new way but I will survive. :D

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we'll do fine. Not perfect over here, but it will be ok. Seriously, they need to hire Mike Ray and have him do his magic on the food log and database! :#
  • greasysgal
    greasysgal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi guys, i do wish i could see the total nutrients each day....important for me........thanks for setting this up. While I'm at the vulnerable beginnings of this phase of my weight loss journey I was worried that I would be thrown emotionally by NM closing & it would cause me to eat but I'm good & actively losing. Yeahhhhh !!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for all I learned on NM. I would be in a tailspin otherwise!
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Yes, I don't like not seeing everything but you can look at them one at a time. What a pain not seeing all that vital information on one page. NM will be sorely missed
  • arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    Went to put in my quick oats - lots of choices but had to look at several that would come close to what I eat. I use 1/3 cup - finally found one that I could put in 5 Tablespoons - close.
  • anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    Went to put in my quick oats - lots of choices but had to look at several that would come close to what I eat. I use 1/3 cup - finally found one that I could put in 5 Tablespoons - close.

Can you enter .33? That would be proper 1/3 in decimals.

.25= 1/4 C
    .33= 1/3 C
    .50= 1/2 C
    .75= 3/4 C
  • arobed53
    Options
    I think I may just have to enter it as my own food which will be more work and then I can do the 1/3. And maybe I would have found one if I would have looked at more entries. But that's how it was at Nutrimirror when I started too. Since I can still log at NM and am trying to do Jan's challenge, here can wait a bit longer.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I too am still logging on NM, however I do need to spend a little time here so I can get more acquainted with it so I do feel so lost.

• arobed53
    Options
    It will just take the practice to make it easier. I may try and do more this week. I'm so glad I did that last challenge with you. That was a great learning experience.
  • tlspindor
    Options
    arobed53 wrote: »
    It will just take the practice to make it easier. I may try and do more this week. I'm so glad I did that last challenge with you. That was a great learning experience.

Yeah I'm already finding out that you have to get pretty specific and it doesn't give you the option to of ounces, teaspoons, etc. So far all I have seen is the 1 cup, so I have been trying to figure my serving like "anewstart" mentioned. I did that over on NM when it came to reduced choices as well.

I think I finally found something that is not in there data base and that is "Mighty Mango Smoothie" by Naked, so I will input that in this evening.

Yeah we had fun with that challenge and even managed to keep my Sodium Green for a few weeks afterwards. :) However it is now a nice pretty green but it won't take long and I'll be back in the red. Of course I won't have NM to show me the colors so I will know I am in balance. :'(
  • jlhawki
    jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my sodium went red here yesterday--it's at the bottom of the calorie totals. Am I the only one who noticed?
  • tlspindor
    Options
    I haven't logged enough yet to notice any color changes at the bottom. I will have to watch for this.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't logged much either since I am so busy working over on the NM page. I'll be done in a couple days I think, lol. My husbands computer is Archaic, yikes and it is quite S-l_O_W. :D