WEEK 1 DAY 3!!!

Options
the_new_robin2013
the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Getting sore yet??!! This a little to easy? Try altering the moves to challenge yourself!!! Post what you did! See any improvements yet? ???

Replies

• RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    arms are sore! cardio wasn't bad (I'm not doing kickstart so this my first cardio try). I hate doing the running man! I'm horribly uncoordinated! burned 264 today! killing it! did anyone notice in the cardio video how the asian guy in the second row on the right side of the screen keeps looking at Anita's butt (girl in front of him on the right side)! so funny! motivated me to work harder, because i want him staring at my butt too! hahaha
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was really not wanting to do this workout since I can barely move. But, I have committed to this program and sucked it up and did it. Funny, the soreness wasn't so bad while doing it, but boy was it back when it ended. I really HATE yoga, but decided to do a simple, basic stretch video I found on youtube. Hoping I can move tomorrow so I can do the next workout!
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the kickstart week with double workouts but only did one cardio on day 3 due to NYE. Also allowed myself the treat of one piece of Turkish Delight and 2 dried figs whilst we were out - sugar never tasted so good. >:) Got home at 2:30am but did two workouts (1 & 5) late this morning to make up for yesterday. will do 5 again this evening. The scale this morning showed 3lbs lost but it really fluctuates a lot so will only check again on Monday.
  • the_new_robin2013
    the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lmao thanks rs3. That made me laugh! I'll make sure to check it out!!! And yes the sweets are definitely sweeter when you have them as an actual treat!!! Drink lots of water Jmrod! You got this!!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    JMRod - I can barely move today too!!! I will do this workout after work. I had to pop some ibuprofen this morning for my sore muscles and I'm feeling a little better after my 1.5 mile walk to work.

I'm so glad that I'm doing this instead of 30 DS since Jillian has you repeat the same exercises day after day with that. It's nice to give the muscle groups the two days rest because I'm always the stiffest two days after a workout. Cardio on day 3 is perfect!
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mellie289 - I'm in week 2 and I am not nearly as sore as last week. I am pushing harder than I did last week with the advanced moves. I am doing a bit more stretching than Jilian does so I think that is helping me from getting so sore.

I liked 30 day shred the first 2 times (I'm OCD so the repetition made sense to me), but I'm really looking for to getting into the harder stuff later. It doesn't scare me as much as it used to when I started exercising 2 years ago.
  • slehmann49
    slehmann49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did Day 3 today. I am a little sore and trying to add on some treadmill walk/run minutes after each workout. I like to get in 45 minutes total. On Sunday I actually did both Day 1 and the cardio. I know I will feel better by next week, so must push on. Good luck all.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    Woo hoo! Just finished and felt the endorphins pumping in circuit 3. My running mans totally sucked - my ham strings are very stiff and I was terrified of pulling a muscle if I tried to do them with more leg action. The last thing I want is an injury 3 days in that makes me have to stop. Just got to get over the startup hump so my muscles won't be so bad next time.

Good job to those of you doing the cardio on the other days too! Way to go! I might do that in a later week if I can manage it.
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Not doing that now :D That was just the kickstart week where she recommended doubling up by adding the cardio every day. Now I'm trying to do some extra activity each day like dancing/bike but only one Jillian workout thank goodness. It was really tiring.
  • Mellie289
    Options
    I'm impressed with anyone being able to do that in the first week! I can understand not maintaining it though.
  • harieta
    harieta Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mellie289 wrote: »
    Woo hoo! Just finished and felt the endorphins pumping in circuit 3. My running mans totally sucked - my ham strings are very stiff and I was terrified of pulling a muscle if I tried to do them with more leg action. The last thing I want is an injury 3 days in that makes me have to stop. Just got to get over the startup hump so my muscles won't be so bad next time.

Good job to those of you doing the cardio on the other days too! Way to go! I might do that in a later week if I can manage it.
    Well done adjusting! Four weeks is enough to perfect your running man.
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Done last night! Very glad no one was around to film my less than graceful running mans!
  • slehmann49
    slehmann49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mellie289 wrote: »

Mellie, my hamstrings have been soooo tight. I am on 6 tomorrow and I think they are finally getting better thanks to lots of stretching.
  • healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The cardio kicked my butt!! I started doing jumping jacks on the 3rd round of the running man, it hurt my right knee for some reason. Love how fast these workouts go!!
  • faburizu
    faburizu Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This workout is intense!!

I struggle so much with her cardio sessions though. This my second (but my first official one in my 90 day thing so I still have 3 more cardio 1s to go).

I can never do the running man for the whole minute. I stop at like the 20 second mark I would think. I just get too winded. I'm really bad at doing jumpy moves. I think part of it is my sporta bra, I wear TWO because I can't seem to find an affordable one to keep my chest from bouncing which I think makes the exercise so much harder.

Also the arm circle kickouts DESTROY ME. I can't do those for a whole minute either.

But suicides? I can do. IT MAKES NO SENSE. I mean, I do have asthma but I don't want to use that as an excuse.

My heart rate is up and I'm out of breath and sweaty and red so I should still be proud of myself for giving it a shot. I just don't feel like I "deserve" to be proud of myself if I can't do so many of the major moves that this workout calls for.

Does anyone have any similar struggles/difficulties with this workout? I want to cry when I think about what cardio 2 will be like!!
  • Mellie289
    Options
    I couldn't do the running man for the whole minute in Phase 1, but I could when it came back (to haunt us!) last week in phase 2. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll see it get better too! I'm not sure if I made it through all the arm circles without dropping my arms once to give them just a tiny rest!

I actually like cardio 2 a lot better! It could be also because there was a month getting ready for it.
  • harieta
    Options
    Are we starting a running man hate club? :smiley:
  • harieta
    Options
    kjcassidy723 - on a random note - very cute profile picture!