plans for next year

Options
124»

Replies

• nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Back in May, I ran the ROC (Ridiculous Obstacle Course) 5k and severely sprained my ankle. It took months of physical therapy and I actually resprained my ankle when I was almost recovered. All-in-all I could not run for 6 whole months. I started up again small in November. Just 10 minutes a day, increasing a couple minutes at a time. I can now run for about 45 minutes or so and I'm getting faster everyday.

2015 - Looking for some fun 5ks to run. Safer ones. lol
    - Get faster. A few years ago I used to be able to run a 5k in just over 22 minutes. I never quite made it under but I came very close. My ultimate goal would be to get under 22min.
    - Increase my milage.
    - Run my first half marathon in October.

2016 - Working my way up to run the LA Marathon 2016. It will be my first marathon.
  • nats2508
    nats2508 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! everyone had a great 2014. I didn't do so much but I've been trying to fit everything in as I'm a new(ish) mum!

for 2015 I will be stepping it up...
    10k - Apr in Brighton

10k - Bupa 10k in London (HAVE to beat previous time as when I did this race last year I have given birth 8 months before - I was quite heavy still!)

1/2 marathon - October Rock and Roll Portugal (thought I would combine it with a holiday!)
  • PabloBL
    PabloBL Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Goals for 2015:
    - Get the 8 points for UTMB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc)
    - Get some Sport friends in MyFitnessPal!! (PabloBL)

Planned Races:
    - Marathon du Mont Blanc, Chamonix, France (85 kms - 3 points)
    - Trail du Barlatay, Switzerland (85 kms - 3 points)
    - Trail des Dents du Midi, Switzerland (57 kms - 2 points)
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have a few fitness and nutrition goals for 2015
    1) Get down to goal weight (I was my lowest post-college weight last spring and then after some health issues and lots of excuses I am now about 10 lbs more. I know the # isn't everything, but I felt a lot better at last spring's weight).
    2) Run the NYC half marathon in March (already signed up, I completed 3 half marathons in 2014)
    3) PR a 5K race TBD
    4) Train for and run my first full marathon in fall 2015 if spring training goes well.
    5) Run 1,000 miles in 2015.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run the Rocky Raccoon 50M trail race on February 7th and then see where I go from there!
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    vcphil wrote: »
    Holy fast :smiley:

You're actually quite a bit faster, at least relatively. And pretty close to some significant milestones - sub 40 and sub 90 - are you going to break any of them in 2015? Based on your 5k time, you should be very close!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My freshman year (for running). I ran 2 10K's, 2 HM's, and a full and did the Warrior Dash with my wife.
    My marathon debut (Rocket City Marathon on 12.13.14) clocked a 3:50:08 finish after training for only 14 and a half months (started on treadmill 3 miles 3x a week on Columbus Day 2013 just to loose weight).

2015 Goals
    Keep improving. Maybe get a BQ this year at the next RCM?
    I have 4 HM's on consecutive weekends starting the last Sunday in March and going into the 3rd weekend of April.

I tried trail running last weekend and enjoyed it a lot. I want to do more elevation this year. I also want to do more structured speed workouts and have already began a plyometrics routine and incorporated more core and lower body strength training.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Trail half on the South Downs, West Sussex in early March - Only 200 runners
    Hampton Court Palace half towards the end of March
    Local trail 10K in April - This was my first race earlier this year so I'm keen to try it again.
    Trail half down in Dorset in May - This is one of three events on the same day, so three years worth of racing to do all of them; Half, Marathon and 50K

Then probably easing back until September/ October when I'm thinking about marathon distance. There are two that I'm interested in and while I probably won't do both there are other events on the same days so I might do one of the others.

Salisbury 54321 is a set of trail 10K, HM, 30K, marathon and 50K
    Clarendon Marathon/ half marathon - This is the trail half that I did in October, where I knackered my knee. The latter half is apparently the tougher running, so I've already done that, recognising that I haven't done it after warming up for 21km.

I'm more inclined to do the Clarendon marathon so subject to confirmed dates I'll do either the 10K or HM at Salisbury

So after picking up a viral infection in December I've had plenty of time on my hands to contemplate my plans, and I'm picking up a new carbon road bike tomorrow as well :)

Sack the trail half in March as my training got so curtailed at the end of the year I wouldn't have been ready. I'm only just back to consistent 10Km training runs midweek, so it would have been a mess. I also didn't get a place at Hampton Court in their lottery, which is a bit disappointing as on a flat course I think I could have got into the realms of 1:50.

The intentions now:

Winchester 10K in February is possible but I may be called on to deliver some military training that weekend at my reserve unit HQ.
    Harewood Forest 10Km in March
    The Ox Half Marathon in May
    Salisbury 54321 - Marathon - August
    Clarendon Marathon - October

And alongside that, some Parkrun 5Ks.

I've done some work on my Turbo over December and intend to keep that going until the weather improves enough to get out for a medium distance ride once a week or so. 40 miles or so of threshold work is good cross training and should help mitigate injury risk.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    2014 - I PRed a 5k (23:44) and a half marathon (1:57:33) which was awesome!

2015 - I'd love to beat those PRs but not sure if that'll happen. I hope to run at least three half marathons and also I'm riding a 100 mile road ride - eek! I just got my first road bike so that'll be a big challenge for sure. And in the meantime, lots of skiing until about June when it's finally not winter at 7200' in Wyoming! I also want to do more strength training even though it's booooooring.
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Last night I paid my registration for the Hillbilly Hike Half Marathon on November 7, 2015. While I plan to run a half prior to this one, this is the first one I've registered for. I'll also be running the Dam 2 Dam Half Marathon at the end of May but registration for that race hasn't opened yet.
  • alcarrick
    alcarrick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and am so excited!! Ben running, cycling , teaching in gyms , former ballet dancer now mom of 2 ready to put my fitness and mental/physical health first!! Ran some races in 2013 & 2014 - looking to get stronger, better base of running mileage. Using Hanson program and loving it !!!! Planning on 10k in feb , another in March , maybe 10 miler in April or half marathon if I'm feeling injury free. So excited too see all these diverse goals !!