Motivate

Options
debtag69
debtag69 Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
How to you maintain motivation when your set in your ways in the mid 40's and really enjoy your life but are still 30 lbs to heavy

Replies

• yellowradiates
    yellowradiates Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on why you think you are 30lbs heavy. For me my weight/shape and fitness level is preventing me from doing things and wearing things I love. That has more impact then a scale. Actually just bought a scale for this plan. For me illness (no running or strength training 15 months) and hormonal changes caused my shape to change and I can no longer wear my favourite dress. I love my life and feel thankful for my health, exercise and eating right are a reward. For motivation I pick a fitness goal and I am setting a daily intention this week to move a minimum of 30min per day. Little changes and tweaks could make an big difference drink water, eat veggies at every meal, peel & prep veggies for easy grabbing on Sunday, go for a walk. Health allows us to enjoy this wonderful life longer.
  • fabulousleefit
    Options
    I thought I was set in my ways until I had a baby at age 40...that's what changed my mind about taking care of myself. Eating right and working out every day will help me be in good enough shape to keep up with him and live long enough to enjoy him. I didn't feel that way when I had my older 2 kids, but I was younger then and not caring too much about myself. I look at my little guys face to keep me motivated. He's my biggest cheerleader :) I lost 40 lbs last year and I still have about 80 lbs to lose, but I have no doubt I'll get there.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You probably won't until that 30 pounds starts interfering with your enjoyment of life :)