Day 9

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
Having a lot of cravings today but hanging in there!

Replies

• Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I woke up last night with a raging sore throat and feeling sick, I think this is NOT W30 related. I'm hanging in today and drinking lots of tea and water. I'm hostessing a dinner party tonight and making almost everything W30- a little amerato in the trout almondine sauce and I'm roasting potatoes I may or may not eat- the hard part is going to be the wine. I super love a long wine soaked dinner party.

That being said, yay, day 9!! What is everyone cooking this weekend? It's still COLD here so I'm thinking about soup . . . rogan josh?
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Have fun at the party! My biggest issue is soda. It will be a challenge this weekend as we have a few kids bday parties to attend. They normally have soda for the parents. No clue what we're cooking at home. I think maybe something with steak.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had club soda with lime last night, would that help? Maybe a splash of fresh fruit juice?
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I woke up last night with a raging sore throat and feeling sick, I think this is NOT W30 related. I'm hanging in today and drinking lots of tea and water. I'm hostessing a dinner party tonight and making almost everything W30- a little amerato in the trout almondine sauce and I'm roasting potatoes I may or may not eat- the hard part is going to be the wine. I super love a long wine soaked dinner party.

That being said, yay, day 9!! What is everyone cooking this weekend? It's still COLD here so I'm thinking about soup . . . rogan josh?

Chicken soup is supposed to be good for bugs!

Need to plan my menus. Thanks for the reminder.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm brewing beef bone broth today (I say brewing because everyone in the house hates the smell, lol oh well) and making pulled pork on Sunday to portion out for some of next week. I love cooking, never been much of a baker, so paleo is so much fun. I plan on making the chicken tortilla-less soup sometime during next week, have to try it. Good job everyone, very inspiring. Just think how awesome we'll feel this time next week.
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Oooohh pulled pork! Now there's a yummy idea.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I think this has been one of the busiest week's I've had both work wise and home wise in a long time. I fell off with a gluten free waffle and nutella this morning and I know it was pure stress eating. I may need a reset of my reset! Like several of you here I'm fighting whatever crud this is that is causing me to cough and feel worn down. We're making ground beef and cabbage this weekend and probably a pot of stew or chili as well. I hate the cold lol.
  • emilymean
    Options
    Why not almond butter in place of nutella?

I hate the cold also and where I live it's 27 degree celsius. I'd never last a week up north.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Made fried rice with cauliflower rice and coconut aminos for dinner. It was wonderful! Does anyone else have this problem? I buy a head of cauliflower, intending to get around to turning it into rice and freezing it, and then I get busy and it goes bad and I throw it out... Arrgh. But this head of cauliflower I actually managed to turn into rice after it had been in the fridge for only two days. That's an improvement, and I'll have raw riced cauliflower in the freezer for a couple more meals.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Have you tried Fire Cider?? I made it and I swear a few shots will kill ANYthing!!

savorylotus.com/fire-cider-all-natural-cold-and-flu-remedy/
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Made fried rice with cauliflower rice and coconut aminos for dinner. It was wonderful! Does anyone else have this problem? I buy a head of cauliflower, intending to get around to turning it into rice and freezing it, and then I get busy and it goes bad and I throw it out... Arrgh. But this head of cauliflower I actually managed to turn into rice after it had been in the fridge for only two days. That's an improvement, and I'll have raw riced cauliflower in the freezer for a couple more meals.

Yup - this always happens to me!! haha
  • emilymean
    Options
    Oooh, I want to make that fire cider, thanks for link, I have never heard of it, reminds me of kimchi which I eat every day.