What game are you excited for this year?

Options
124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's up with the tarot card changes to be honest. Might be depending on their relationships? Did you do all the Cassandra and Solas quests? I never got the Solas one but I did all the Cassandra stuff...

I honestly don't see the point in a lot of those map quests. Seems they only give you power points or cash or something, neither of those I needed anyway. I know I skipped a lot of side quests in some of the regions though (and skipped one of them almost entirely).

But anyway... I have no other game in sight. It makes me pretty sad, to be honest. I don't like hard games and I can't do shooters because they make me sick... and I like good stories. Only games I've played are the Dragon Age series, the Star Wars Knights of the Republic series, and MMORPGs (and Sims but I'm disappointed and bored with Sims 4)...

Recommendations?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    There are some missions that you can invalidate by choices in the game or other missions. And I think some where you have to choose one or another mission.
  • eraser51
    eraser51 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    well i know its dependend on the relationship or quests... huge thing with varric even though he sucks as sniper :/ but the change was great! (3 changes)
    but I THOUGHT I did the solas ones and no change?!

yeah.. witcher 3 isnt anywhere in sight :/ .. rpg market is quite empty..

shooters are also quite boring ;)

I am also disappointed that you can get soo much power which you dont need... at all....at the end I had 247 or something like that.. where you only need about 20 power to get the story missions.. really sad.. you could have made something like buying querks with it or stuff...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    eraser51 wrote: »

I am also disappointed that you can get soo much power which you dont need... at all....at the end I had 247 or something like that.. where you only need about 20 power to get the story missions.. really sad.. you could have made something like buying querks with it or stuff...

Agreed, to me it was really the only big miss they had. There's no point to the Power at all.

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    To those that mentioned it, it looks like Solas and Cassandra's cards don't change? They haven't changed for me, either, though I completed all their non-romanced quests. Maybe you have to romance them? Varric's changed twice for me.

I've got the Final Piece (and Doom what-its-name) main quests left. I'm currently looking for the ruined blade of something-or-other. Had somehow missed picking up that quest awhile back. Going to do it, then off to finish the main quests.

I agree if you're a complete-it-all type player, you'll end up with way too much Power. Whether any of it helps when DLC's come out (they better!) is a good question.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I actually never did any of the DLCs for the other two, because the reviews were not so great... but I feel that I missed out on the whole Logain story because of that. I wish EA would put the old games for free and I could play them all again with the DLCs... no clue where my disks are.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to the next expansion for Path of Exile (it's an online action RPG similar to the Diablo series) in the first half of the year. The complexity of the skill tree system and the variety of character classes you can have amazes me.

I have finally gone back to SWOTOR, as well, but I'm yet to decide if I'll keep playing or not.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I absolutely loved my first run of SWOTOR. I actually finished the story line for 3 characters, but got bored at level 50 because I just didn't have time to run 3 hours dungeons (it was at release, I stopped playing after a month), and as much as I loved the character storylines, doing the other quests a 4th time just got too boring for me.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It now been long enough since I've played that I've forgotten the storylines mostly. It means I can play a Sith warrior again and giggle with glee every time I get to make a dark side choice. I'm so sick of playing games where all you get to do is help people. It's nice to be able to kill your master and still progress in a series every once in a while.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I did one light side and one dark side character. I guess I should have tried the other way around... playing a jedi turning dark or a sith turning light, lol. If I had more time I might pick it up again. I loved my sith's storyline though.
  • phoenixmed
    phoenixmed Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Witcher fan's out here?
  • ausylo
    ausylo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to playing Bloodborne, MGS5, Uncharted 4 and The Witcher 3 (haven't played the first 2 so not sure about this yet). There are others coming out this year as well that I'd like to play.
  • Dizzzlel
    Dizzzlel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Uncharted 4.... My kids love sitting and watching me play (although in our house the game is simply known as Drake!).
  • Francl27
    Options
    Not excited about anything this year :(
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Resident Evil: Revelations 2 but....that's it. I am failing, my people lol
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure what's coming. So I'll just say the Oculus Rift sometime in 2015, hopefully.

Oh yeah, and I'll be buying 2014's games on Steam for $5 or less when they go on sale, so I'm looking forward to that!