Day 11

Options
vhuber
vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
Day 11 has been my toughest yet!! I don't want ANYTHING but something SWEET!! I've had 3 small servings of fruit hoping to fake myself out but Nope Not Working! I WILL keep trying to ignore! Also protein has got me nauseous. I actually did not make it through my burger I made for lunch. Hoping I can keep down the chicken I have baking in the oven right now for dinner tonite. Also I am TIRED, CRABBY & did not workout again today!!
I did not eat any popcorn at the ball games last night & that my friend is a success! We took apple and orange slices!

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Sorry group but today is day 10 not day 11! My new laptop was not on the right date!

I ended up having a spoonful of marshmallow cream! I regret it & will move on!!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I do not have a sweet tooth... unless I am doing a Reset. It seems this restriction really pulls at all of us and we can become hyper-focused about the things we are avoiding. Best thing we can do is not kick ourselves and keep moving.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I need to get out of the mindset of "not wasting" things. Like today, I ate a mini-York peppermint patty left over from Christmas -- it had been kind of squished and was the last of its kind sitting in the candy bowl (thankfully I don't care for the peppermints that are the only candy left in the bowl -- I'll let dh eat them!). I should have just thrown it away (my thought was, "no one is going to eat that"). But I picked it up and unwrapped it. I can say that it was very good and satisfying, and I didn't feel deprived (as I might have, if I hadn't eaten it, or might have, if I had focused on only taking one piece of candy and wishing it could be more -- which didn't happen), and I didn't crave any more of the candy in the bowl, I could walk away without any problem.

I think that's part of the Whole30 idea -- not letting food have control over us. I'm glad that I felt satisfied with that one piece of mint and chocolate, and I *think* I could pass it up the next time -- it was good, but not good enough to want to buy more.

I wonder if it's like the moms I remember hearing about, who gained weight because they would eat all their children's leftovers rather than throw them away. That sort of thing never would appeal to me, because I'm a germaphobe, but it sounds like the same kind of thinking.

Just throw it away! And let them serve themselves, and remind them not to take more than they can eat, or serve them less next time.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    According to the Whole30 website days 10-11 are win most ppl quit the program. Come on team we can do this! We've made it this far!!
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of eating my kid's food so that food didn't go to waste. Now I have a compost, so some of it is technically not wasted, but throwing food in the trash was not allowed when I was a child so I still kind of hate doing it. I can remember sitting at the table long after everyone else waiting for my mom to get disgusted enough to excuse me from the table. Did I mention I was a chubby kid.

Paleo is going well, feeling great and back on the wagon til next Friday's glass of wine. Looking forward to week 2.

Funny story homesweeths about the mint, something I would so do without thinking. I made chocolate milk last week for the kids and before I realized I had the spoon in my mouth. I spit it out, silly.