A few questions as starting today....

Options
1. How much water does everyone drink on plan?
2. I'm 15.4 and want to be 11 stone. How long do you think it takes?
3. Before and after pics would be great to see
4. Anyone else having problems with adding friends. Is there a setting I'm missing :(

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I heard the app was acting stupid for some people yesterday.
    I'll friend you and under my pictures are my progress pics. Due for another one next week probably as I've lost just over 10 more pounds since the last one and a lot of inches.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 4 liters of water a day on average a day. I also drink coffee and tea, so it's a lot of liquid and a lot of trips to the powder room!!

I will add you as a friend. I have been sporadic over the holidays, but am buckling down going forward to be ready for the spring and summer.

I don't have any before and after pics, but doing Keto for 2 months last year I lost about 14 lbs (which is 1 stone I think)...but everyone is different.

There is a ton of great information in this group, so keep reading and I am sure you will get yourself on the right path for you and losing faster then you ever have before.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1. I try to drink at least 6-8 cups but the more the merrier!
    2. I have no idea how stones compare to lbs but in the past by doing calorie counting only I've lost 10 lbs a month. I've been on keto 19 days and lost 13.5 lbs so far. I know a good part is water weight so I don't know yet what my average loss per month will be but I'm excited. Lots of people say that after a bit on this det the weightloss may stall or slow way down but typially they still lose inches, so probably good to take measurements and progress pics as well as weighing.
    3. I haven't had problems adding people. I requested you. :)

Also worth noting that to me this diet works a lot better than straight up calorie counting. The fact that it eliminates so much sugar and basically all "junk" food but still lets you eat tons of bacon, steak, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch, and all kinds of other savory foods makes it seem like you're cheating all the time but still you know you're doing right. Lol
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nou1984 wrote: »
    1. How much water does everyone drink on plan?

I drink at minimum 80 oz of water a day, usually closer to 100. You'll probably find you need to drink more on keto than on a standard diet.
    2. I'm 15.4 and want to be 11 stone. How long do you think it takes?

Its so unbelievably variable that its really impossible to answer. 4.4 stone is ~62 pounds (thanks google). I lost that in a little under a year. But I need to lose ~100 total, so I still have a bit to go. Other folks post progress statuses talking about losing that much in 6 months or less. But really everyone is different and there is no guarentee on the rate you'll lose. Personally I could have lost a bit more this year if I was a bit more strict, but what I've done is sustainable, if I had pushed myself harder and been more strict at times who knows, I might have gotten upset and stopped.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    g31wlwefpe3u.png

Various pics of progress mashed together. Unfortunately though, I am starting all over again despite getting to 167 or so, because I ended up going through some life changes (excuses, excuses) It took me about a year, granted my goal weight was/is 120-125 so obviously still had a ways to go.

As for your question about fluid intake, drinks a lot of water because otherwise you run the risk of constipation. 1-2 gallons a day is a good place to start.

Also, if you every catch yourself retaining too much fluid, or feeling bloaty, drink more water (seriously, it sounds stupid, but it helps.)
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    How tall are you x_Minerva_x? Awesome collage you've got there. I may actually have to take some pics this time around!!
  • tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nou1984 wrote: »
    1. How much water does everyone drink on plan? :(

Here's a faq on water and other keto fluids:
    reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_what_should_i_be_drinking_and_how_much.3F
    :smile:
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am 5'6. I started out at 280 (just didn't take pics at the start - I was too embarrassed.) I regret not taking more pics at the start. I would have loved to have seen the difference. The only contrast photo I have from around that weight is this one:

amx6xvbdq1sh.png
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am 5'6. I started out at 280 (just didn't take pics at the start - I was too embarrassed.) I regret not taking more pics at the start. I would have loved to have seen the difference. The only contrast photo I have from around that weight is this one:

amx6xvbdq1sh.png

Awesome progress! Very inspiring! Love it! I'm 5'7, so I can only hope to look as good as you when I get down to that weight! Do you do any kind of workouts?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

amx6xvbdq1sh.png

NICE!
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I drink around a gallon per day. It didn't take me long to drop but it has since slowed. I have had to adjust my calories down a bit to kick start loss. Here's my progress - but I don't have a recent photo except our family Christmas picture: I will say, this is the easiest plan I have ever tried - I can stick to it no problem and don't have cravings anymore. I haven't for months now. vv39a4uk0qi4.jpg
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    g31wlwefpe3u.png

I love your shirt in the 167 pics!!!