Fasting

Options
hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
There may have been a topic about this before, but does anyone do any kind of regular fasting, intermittent or otherwise? What have you done? What were the results? I just read this article http://inspiyr.com/diet-or-exercise/ and I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten better results from doing any kind of fasting.

Replies

• tq33702
    tq33702 Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like the natural fast that occurs
    from the HighFat LowCarb
    lifestyle.

Reduced appetite from
    eating this way can and often does
    leave 10-12 hrs between feeds for
    me, if I keep my Fat 2 or more
    times the weight of Protein+Carbs.

What is your experience, HG..?
    :smile:
  • hippygirl325
    Options
    Since starting this diet I usually eat my first meal around 11-12, second one at around 5-6, and last one around 11-12, so my eating schedule is pretty spread out, but it works for me because that's around my work schedule. When it changes I'm gonna be probably getting up a bit earlier and eating breakfast around 9-10, lunch at around 2-3, and dinner around 8-9. A 12 hour eating schedule has always kept things pretty consistent for me calorie wise. Honestly I guess if you're watching your calories anyway it probably doesn't make a lot of difference if your macros are where they should be, which mine pretty much always are.
  • hippygirl325
    Options
    BTW I realize I posted this twice in the same group when I meant to post it in this and another one. Oops.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't fast intentionally, but sometimes it can be 12-16 hours between eating for me. I've never been a fan of breakfast (can't eat early, get nauseous) so from the time I get up until about 2pm, the only thing I've had is my coffee and some water. I know my coffee raises my blood sugar so technically it's not a fast, but it's close ;)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I do IF, eating between 1p and 2p. I've done that for years, and just this year (the 1st, but not for NYR reasons) tried it with keto. Seems to work well together.
    Although I don't do BPC in the morning like I see a lot of keto'ers doing, but I've tried it in the afternoon just to see what the fuss was about. :smiley:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    There may have been a topic about this before, but does anyone do any kind of regular fasting, intermittent or otherwise? What have you done? What were the results? I just read this article http://inspiyr.com/diet-or-exercise/ and I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten better results from doing any kind of fasting.

I do it every time I get a stall. It breaks the stall. I usually loose a good amount, but gain back a little. In other words, five steps forward and two steps backwards.

When you are on Keto, fasting isn't nearly as bad as when you are a carboholic. Keto "preps" you for fasting.

Its always harder to do a fast "in-your-mind" than the actual fast. When you get into it, you will say, "Hmmmm, this isn't as bad as I thought"....

I blogged about fasting:

Blog #7 Fasting and Keto

Blog #9 Fasting, Diabetic ~ Glucose/Sugar Levels

Blog #11 Really Good Keto Websites (see section on fasting)

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan