Week One: Starting Weight 198

Options
roni0906
roni0906 Posts: 35 Member
Well, I have fluctuated greatly with my weight over the past couple of years bouncing between 175 and 200. My goal is to be around 150/160 and keep that as my new fluctuating weight. I am ready to begin a new lifestyle and become much healthier.

Replies

• roni0906
    Options
    Well, I am on Day 3 and feeling great. I am a little sore from my workout on Monday but a good kind of sore. I skipped the gym yesterday, but I still had my workout by shoveling snow for a little over an hour (thankfully, it was light and fluffy) and I feel it a little in my back this morning. I joined the "Chose to Lose" Challenge at my local YMCA and am striving to be one of the biggest losers (or winners) of the challenge so I am extremely dedicated to making this work and maintain the weight after that. I know this will be a lifestyle change and I am ready to make it a reality.
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have my official weigh-in tomorrow morning at work and have got appointments set with a personal trainer. Here's to keeping myself motivated and getting down to the weight I want to be and a Healthy New Me!!! We can do this!
  • lisanzama
    lisanzama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third day of logging my food and feel like I'm on the path to having a great year. I guess it all starts with a decision to change and this year the decision is clearer and stronger than ever. I weighed in at 217 on Monday morning and am working at chipping away the fat at a clip of 2 -3 lbs a week. Slower than that, I get demotivated and faster than that I give up because I lose motivation when I'm not meeting the unrealistic targets I sometimes set for myself. My only goal this week is to log every morsel that enters my mouth. Next week's mission is to hit the gym.
  • roni0906
    Options
    Thank you both for sharing your goals. I too, have decided that this year is the year that I begin a new lifestyle not only for me but for my family. Less junk will enter my home and more activity will will be made. Luckily my kids are healthy at this point but i definitely don't want them to continue on the junk food snack path.

I am so excited for this group and honestly believe that it will work. I used to belong to a group and ended up in the best shape of my life and then i just aloud things to get in the way. No more excuses for this woman.
  • mpersun
    mpersun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This week went really well for me. I've been under my calorie goal all week and I've been exercising every day except today. My goal is to lose 40 lbs and I will be weighing in on Sundays officially although I tend to weigh in every day. Considering putting the scale away and only allowing myself to weigh once a week at the most. When the scale doesn't say what I want it to say I sometimes sabotage myself.
    Michele
  • roni0906
    Options
    That is great. I also officially weigh in on Sundays at the gym but weigh myself at home daily too. I just can't help myself. I am well under my weekly calories but went over on 2 days this week but the average is great so i am happy with that. Keep going strong and you will reach your 40 lb lose.
  • roni0906
    Options
    Awesome. I am down 4 lbs this week to 194.
  • tvn4ds
    tvn4ds Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :D WTG ladies!!! Keep up the great work! My weigh in day is Wednesday...we'll see how its going. My weigh in last week was down from where I was a year ago, but not down from where I had been before Christmas. Back at this strong again and hopefully will see the scale move a bit this week.
  • mpersun
    mpersun Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was officially down 7.1lbs this first week. I was under my calorie goal for the week as well, but yesterday I went a little crazy with my free day, but I did get to the gym yesterday as well. Hopefully it won't affect next weeks weigh-in!

Great job on the losses so far!
  • roni0906
    Options
    Wow, what a weight loss. Great job!