LISS

Options
tahni
tahni Posts: 45 Member
I'm not sure if any of you feel like you're also living in an arctic tundra, so I was curious what you're doing for LISS?

I read from some girls that they were jogging and plateaued so started power walking and actually got bettered results walking than running. Interesting.

Other ideas I have for when I'm back at school include: swimming, elliptical, and potentially the stair stepper(but not after leg day ahah)

Replies

• JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I work from home, so I built myself a treadmill "desk" and walk for the first hour that I work. I usually can only manage 2.5mph while working, but take the incline up to 40% to make up for the slow speed. I started doing this about 8 months ago and easily lost ten pounds with the walking alone. Up until then I had tried all kinds of HIIT workouts and never lost a pound. I can't wait to see the results when I throw Kayla's workouts into the mix. For me, the steady state cardio just works so much better than high intensity cardio.
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I normally run for my cardio but I'll mostly be walking for my LISS. I figure since it's the only type spelled out in the guide I might as well give it a shot. I usually go durning my lunch break at work, so it's also nice to not be as sweaty. My afternoon hair appreciates it.

I do make sure to walk at the top speed 6.5km/h, and it's a surprisingly fast pace to keep up with.
  • so_losin_it
    so_losin_it Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I mix it up with my LISS. I have gym access, so I just switch it up with different machines. I do believe that lower intensity cardio for longer time (I do about 45 minutes), is best for fat burning. I think it just depends on your goals. I have a lot of extra pounds to lose.
  • playthagame
    playthagame Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I ususllay jog on the treadmill or roller derby trainng
  • tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I ususllay jog on the treadmill or roller derby trainng

That's so awesome! Ever since I saw whip it I wanted to try out roller derby but I'm so uncordinated I think I'd knock out all my teeth trying to skate :s