New girl on the board

Options
Hi folks-

Wanted to introduce myself! I am Betsy from NC. I am a school administrator in a place that seems to always have food and sweets coming out the wazoo!. I have no trouble at home but at work, where I spend 12 hours a day, I get all kinds of crazy cravings. Emotional and stress?? I think so! I have a high stress job where you spend your day calming enraged people. Love it but it sucks me dry sometimes and the need to pamper myself seems to take the form of comfort carbs. Hoping this group will help me fight those cravings and beat the monster!

I am also and avid hunter jumper rider, mom of two girls ages 8 and 9, wife to the busiest man on earth, and, due to a birth deformity I my spine, the recipient of two new knees in the past two years.

I welcome friends and look forward to meeting you all!

Betsy

Replies

• Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Betsy! I'm new here too. I'm a retired school teacher from Houston, Texas and know all about the huge amounts of food you face each day. Good luck to you!
    -Nancy
  • kimtrillo
    Options
    New here too,
    I'm Kim from New Zealand...
    What's a hunter jumper rider?
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy! I'm new as well. My name is Amy from Florida.
  • BleuLotus16
    BleuLotus16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy!
    I'm new to this group also. I have 2 girls (both 10 & horse crazy) & our family moved to a farm 6 months ago just to have room for horses. We have 2 now and can't wait to have more!
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Betsy! I've been on MFP for a while but took a break over the last few months. Getting back into it, and looking for new supportive friends. Feel free to add me! And anyone else in this thread. :)