Weekly Post - 11/01/15 - 17/01/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Seems I'm back in the saddle after a week of no exercise, having the flu and not getting a fast in until Friday.

My fast on Friday felt good. I went for a run today and will go riding on Sunday. So my world is back intact :p Hoping the weather will be dry for my morning ride, as there is another windy rain front coming in tonight.

Lots going in the coming week, but I will definitely be fasting on Monday and Thursday. I really need to get those last 3 December pounds off. My jeans would fit alot better! I also have a 4 day weekend in the mountains from next Friday....lots of snow shoe hiking and lots of food and wine around....

Have an awesome week everyone!

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! Joy! ... when I stepped on the scale this morning...1.6lbs down from last Sunday :D . Even after 6 oreos decided to jump into my mouth on Friday ;) . I have two more pounds to go until I am down to my lowest from the end of November. I am slowly inching my way back. As someone has already said..."onwards and downwards"!!!
  • snaps27
    Options
    LAST FRIDAYS BREAKING NEWS!!!

Rampaging Oreos have been spotted randomly jumping into people's mouths. Just in, from our London correspondent...

"Yes, I have confirmation of the rampaging Oreos. Snaps27 please tell us what happened"

"I was minding my own business when all of the sudden 6 rampaging, yes, rampaging Oreos jumped directly into my mouth. It was delicious, yet terrifying!"

"Thank you snaps27. You have heard it here first. Beware of the rampaging Oreos! Now back to the studio"
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Oh my! Poor Snaps! Good thing for me, that the Oreo gang doesn't know Switzerland to well. But there is a storm coming in from the west..... hoping they will not ride the gale winds over.
  • uptightoutasight
    uptightoutasight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Safe from Oreo's here in Oz too, pretty much! Who knew living in London could be so dangerous! Good luck, Snaps!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Flum-Congrats on being back in the saddle. Goods things will surely come.

Snaps-you are too funny! Luckily no Oreo's outbreak here but homemade chocolate chip cookies think they belong in my macro's.

Sadly I haven't exercised since last Monday as another little virus has made its way into this house. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better and I'll be able to start running again.

Planning on 5:2 this week unless the stars align.
    Fast days here will be Tues/Thurs. Weigh in on Friday morning with this Friday's official weigh-in for week 1 back on track -3lbs.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    LAST FRIDAYS BREAKING NEWS!!!

Rampaging Oreos have been spotted randomly jumping into people's mouths. Just in, from our London correspondent...

"Yes, I have confirmation of the rampaging Oreos. Snaps27 please tell us what happened"

"I was minding my own business when all of the sudden 6 rampaging, yes, rampaging Oreos jumped directly into my mouth. It was delicious, yet terrifying!"

"Thank you snaps27. You have heard it here first. Beware of the rampaging Oreos! Now back to the studio"

Hahahahahaha! Love it. So glad this group knows how to make each other laugh.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon after 3 VERY carefree weeks of total overindulgence. Not even going near the scale for the rest of the month so I don't get too much of a fright (but 5lbs on during the Xmas break last year and think I probably outdid myself this year).

Was worth every delicious mouthful but now it's time to get serious again.

First FD in almost a month today - almost feels like a relief not to be stuffing my face. :)
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Snaps27 - fortunately Oreos seem to have bypassed my part of London but I'll keep a look out just in case.

Some great results so far this week.

Flumi pleased to hear you are feeling better - sounds like you have a great week to look forward to.

Unfortunately I have an unplanned and potentially unsettled week ahead with lots of driving to do so not sure how easy it will be for me to fit in my two 500 cal days. I'll aim for Tuesday and Friday again but will have to see how events pan out.

eEmma although I'm new to this, seems to me that 5:2 is perfectly suited to those of us who wish to overindulge from time to time. Hope your FD has gone well.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options

eEmma although I'm new to this, seems to me that 5:2 is perfectly suited to those of us who wish to overindulge from time to time. Hope your FD has gone well.
    Yup, so far it's worked wonderfully for me - slow loss over time but allows for my reasonably regular indulgences. I adore food and cannot imagine restricting myself to just healthy choices for any great length of time so this is a great way of living for me. FD going great - lunch of banana/blueberry smoothie made with coconut water, afternoon snack of strawberries...huge bowl of vegetables in my future for tea. Happy days.

• snaps27
    Options
    ***BREAKING NEWS UPDATE***

"All rampaging Oreos have now been aprehended and devoured. There is now no emanate threat. However, their distant cousins with chocolate centres have been spotted, however they are known not to jump so high, therefore are not a threat to adults, only children aged between 4 and 10".

• mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    ***BREAKING NEWS UPDATE***

"All rampaging Oreos have now been aprehended and devoured. There is now no emanate threat. However, their distant cousins with chocolate centres have been spotted, however they are known not to jump so high, therefore are not a threat to adults, only children aged between 4 and 10".
    The Oreos are actually hiding in the freezer...
  • snaps27
    Options
    Tips to avoid Rampaging Oreos (or equivalent )

*Like vampires, rampaging Oreos can only enter (your mouth) if invited.
    *But beware they are very persuasive.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Just checking in, it's nearly 3:15pm here and I'm thinking of food, but not craving. I never eat anything on fast days until around 6pm. I haven't weighed - same reason as Emma - I'm scared too because I ate everything in sight over Christmas! Fast days are a lot easier this time around, so I know I can stick to it on 6:1 when I finally maintain. I don't want to change my ticker, but I think I'm probably a lot heavier than I was then. I think I have about 30lbs to lose to make goal. Not rushing this time though - I'll be happy if I can lose some weight before Summer but I'm not putting pressure on myself. Happy Monday everyone B)
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Sounds good Graves! Just finished my dinner and am off to a class, so I'm clear of food for the next few hours ;-)

Snaps - very glad to hear, that the roads are clear! I sent the peanut butter jar off to the oreo gang, just to make sure, I don't get messed with on my fast day!
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    sooo....I did my first successful fast since November. Was easier than I thought, except for right now. I should have gone to sleep, but I can't. On the other hand, worked out for an hour, which helped. Ended up with a net of 60 calories for the day.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

First fast day of the week is tomorrow and I have to say most of you eat much healthier than I.
    I'm hoping to pick up some better habits this time around.
    Water intake will be a big thing for me and more fruits and veggies.

I think I'm finally feeling up for exercise so that will pick up here too!
    Good luck all and happy fasting!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Fast day for me tomorrow as well. Still trying to get a grip on my non-fast days, as I am still letting myself eat too much. (If I keep doing this all I will do is continue maintaining, I don't want this). Something I am going to bring back into my routine are workouts. Have been totally lazy with this, but I will be attempting Tuesday/Thursday workouts (60 mins each).
  • mwhite61451
    Options
    Fast day for me tomorrow as well. Still trying to get a grip on my non-fast days, as I am still letting myself eat too much. (If I keep doing this all I will do is continue maintaining, I don't want this). Something I am going to bring back into my routine are workouts. Have been totally lazy with this, but I will be attempting Tuesday/Thursday workouts (60 mins each).

Good idea-makes a big difference. I just finished my first FD in quite some time. Down 2.2 lbs. I did a light workout, as noted earlier. It really helped me. I just started the Daniel Plan on Sunday. I think it helps to find something that will keep you accountable for what you eat, especially for non-fast days, regardless of whether it's the Daniel Plan, Whole 30, or just staying within your numbers MFP gives you.

• suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Trying the 5:2 for the first time. Today is my fast day and it is dragging! Lunch will be my first meal. Tic Tok Tic Tok!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello loves, I am...not sure what I'm doing lately lol. Seems like there is no rhyme or reason to it. I dare say I've been bingeing again...? But not like normal bingeing...more like, get it out of my system because I like NOT bingeing...what is my mental state/reasoning right now lol???? I think being sick played a big part in not caring lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and get myself back on track. I haven't fallen "off" the track because I'm still dedicated and committed and in love with this way of eating, but more that I haven't tracked calories or done any actual work. Yeah, I guess that is falling off track haha. I just mean that I still know this is the way I want to go and I'm just not doing it...but I will get back to it haha.

I guess in my warped diet mind, instead of quitting because it doesn't work or it's too hard, I just have taken another mental pause. Honestly, I'll be excited if I'm still under 300, but it's time to get to under 290 :D

Thanks for always being here! This group is definitely a big reason I keep with it because I know all of you are here and will support me whether no matter what. Thanks again everyone!

(((((GROUP HUG)))))))