FitBit / Sony Smartband / Garmin etc

Options
ChristyJade
ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
Hi, do any of you use the trackers? I've been considering getting one but don't want to spend a tonne of money on one in case I don't use it....

I have a Sony phone, and so Smartband would be okay, but heard they're not very accurate.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Haven't used one as yet so I guess I'm in he same boat as you - I'm most tempted by the Garmin Vivosmart (or whatever their new watch/tracker is called) as it'll do the fitness tracking thing as well as the extra you'd expect from a Garmin like HRM support and run/cycle tracking.

Am interested in what Apple are about to bring to the wearables market so currently thinking I'll wait until I know more about that. But I'm slightly concerned about their predicted battery life!!
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, can't comment on the others but I've got a fitbit flex and absolutely love it. I think it's really accurate and definitely motivates me to move more :)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Have had fitbit flex for a year. It has made me stick to the daily walking commitment! Love it and no more logging walks
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think maybe fitbit would be the best option :) Thank you
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and the Aria scales. Love them both.
  • PotterMrs
    PotterMrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I too am undecided on if whether i want a tracker and if i do get one where to start with knowing which is best! I cant wear jewellery/watches for work (im a caterer) so anything on the wrist is a no go for me, it would have to be something i could hide in my bra or something - thats the only place i wont mess or take it out, whereas something in my pocet i would! Im not fussed about it tracking my sleep or telling me off for not moving, i more so want it for counting steps and once iv found the courage, or should i say dropped a few more pounds so i can fit into my running gear again, i will start jogging and cycling again so i will want something that can track that too.

Before work this morning i was messing with the MFP app on my phone and it prompted me to set my phone up to track my steps, i never even knew my phone could do that (iphone 5s) so iv gave it a trial run today - kept in my bra so i dont mess - and by 2:30pm i had already done over 8000 steps! i couldnt believe it, but then i questioned how accurate it is!? Has anybody else given this a go?
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit and and a few weeks ago I walked with a friend who used the phone counter- it was not far off my fitbit step count
  • mattrow1
    mattrow1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Think I'm going to go for a Fitbit Charge HR when they come out, supposedly nowish.
  • phildanf
    phildanf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm debating whether to get the Fitbit Charge HR or the top of the range Surge one.....

Like Matt said, due out now ish!
  • audsLDN
    audsLDN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my fitbit charge. Work is quite stressful so all day heart rate monitoring would probably read false on me and I enjoy my polar hrm for when I need to use it.

I'm averaging 12k steps a day vs 3k before I got it.
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've a fitbit been using it for a year now, it does make you more aware of steps and how awfully inactive you can be on some days if in a static job, does give you a target to work towards and that has helped.

I started with a small target and increased as time went by, I don't always reach it of course but it does focus the mind to do a bit more, and to use stairs instead of the lift or escalator to get the steps up.