New

Options
48801 Posts: 41 Member
Hi Everyone,

I am an emotional eater. I was 110 pounds. Then I went through a depression and gained over a 100 pounds. I tired to eat myself out, but this only taught me self destructive behavior.

I am finding, that I eat when I am lonely, scared, depressed, sad..........You all relate. "What do you want to do" lets go out and eat...............I have problems leaving food on my plate. How many pounds of M and M's can my body hold, well I found out a few times.

Currently I am eating clean. However, I am afraid, so very afraid of falling off. Carbs are a trigger for me, I always go for carbs, sugary salty.....

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    happy, sad, bored, angry, tired, I'm looking for something to fill my face with, chocolate, biscuits crisps. My first aim is to eat proper meals with veg in. Is eating clean just whole non processed stuff? i need to do that
    edited January 2015
    Options
    cal0rina wrote: »
    happy, sad, bored, angry, tired, I'm looking for something to fill my face with, chocolate, biscuits crisps. My first aim is to eat proper meals with veg in. Is eating clean just whole non processed stuff? i need to do that

I relate;-) For me, right now, eating clean is eliminating junk food. Incorporating chicken. Yogurt etc. I eat whole grains when I can.

I think your thought process is a good place to start. We have to find what works for us.

I don't know about you, but I feel so much better when I don't eat junk food. So why do we (I) fall off the wagon....

• Jillgorby
    Jillgorby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, for me it's stress and sadness. Those are my two MAIN triggers, and I seem to have a lot of stress. I have definitely gotten much better, now I just do not keep anything in the house, no matter what, and always have a clean eating protein bar waiting for me, just in case (they are wonderful, let me know if you want the recipe!) It's nice to know I'm not alone in this!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Would definitely like protein bar recipe please, thanks for explaining clean eating, I definitely feel better physically and emotionally when I eat properly, my skin clears up, but its too easy to get stuck in the feel bad, eat junk, feel worse, hate myself and eat more cycle. And I can be lazy, a packet of biscuits (the whole packet) is easier than cooking a proper meal!
    Options
    Wave's hand madly! I would like the recipe too!
  • MaidenVermont
    MaidenVermont Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am there with you. I eat when I am going through stress. I just lost my husband to cancer and so needless to say I gained back weight I had lost. I now have to start over and ultimately I should lose 80-85 pounds but right now anything I can lose to get out of the pre-diabetic zone will be a big help. I just started this almost 2 wks ago and loving the way the program works. I am doing well cutting calories and carbs so far but I lack in the exercise dept. Do you find when you are emotionally eating, it makes you feel numb to the emotion? Its like a drug for me. Also I found when I dont sleep well, due to the stress, I also crave the "drug"....sugar!
    Options
    Yep! I also enjoy my carbs;-)) It is a drug!