Favorite youtube workouts?

Options
Hi gals! I'm a 31 year old working mama with two kiddos. My hubby works long hours, so going to the gym is out right now---I'm going to try to combine elliptical workouts along with some workout videos on youtube, 15-20 minutes in length. Any favorite channels for videos?

Replies

• FaitheSoler
    FaitheSoler Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    They are youtube videos. I love doing Challenges. =)http://www.mytrainerbob.com/challenges
  • kccorey
    kccorey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com is great!
  • crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did a zumba video on youtube the other day with my 3 and 5 yr olds. They loved it and I was able to workout without getting interrupted with them fighting with each other! lol I just did a search for "zumba".
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like Jillian Matthews, she made me lose several inches with the 30 Day Shred. You can find some of her videos on the BeFit channel.

• lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    One more vote for Jillian Michaels (not Matthews :)) and her workouts! I've done her 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Packs and am now having another go at Body Revolution. They are practical because you don't need a lot of room or equipment (apart for a pair of dumb bells and a mat) and they only last about 30 minutes. She combines cardio, strength and core workouts in a HIIT type way.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My vote is fitnessblender.com
    don't worry, they have a youtube channel and have over 400 workouts that vary in length from 7 mins to over an hour (1000 cal burn). you can go to either site, or check out their facebook page for their most recent uploads. They are uploading a vid a day in January!
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lalajka wrote: »
    One more vote for Jillian Michaels (not Matthews :))

Oops...true, thanks! Now my editing window has closed... :confounded:

• Jmcbryan570
    Jmcbryan570 Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like XHIT channel and BeFit for variety. Also I have the PumpUp app on my phone that builds a workout for me based on the time I have and what are my goals. There's sets and a timer you watch, it demonstrates each exercise too. I don't pay for the voice coaching as I just watch the news in the AM or listen to some music in the PM.
  • Chantell2525
    Chantell2525 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    lalajka wrote: »
    One more vote for Jillian Michaels (not Matthews :)) and her workouts! I've done her 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Packs and am now having another go at Body Revolution. They are practical because you don't need a lot of room or equipment (apart for a pair of dumb bells and a mat) and they only last about 30 minutes. She combines cardio, strength and core workouts in a HIIT type way.

We're these effective for you? How evident were the results?
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Chantell2525, yes they were very effective and I didn't follow any of her diet plans. When I started I didn't have a lot to lose, just a few kgs, but I had no visible definition at all. I was all soft and squishy, but now I can finnaly see my muscles. I lost the kgs, but more importantly there's a big difference in my strength and endurance and I have a much more toned body. I'd say instead of weighing yourself and looking for weight loss, you should try taking pictures and measurements, cos that's where the real change happens. I'm not a fan of cardio, so her videos work great for me.
  • Chantell2525
    Chantell2525 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I want to tone my bum and thighs within the next 30 days and I would love to achieve visible improvement. I found Jillian workouts on YouTube so I'll definitely give them a shot.
    Thanks!
  • emallis
    Options
    I vote for fitnessblender.com. They have loads of workouts (400+) and you can choose a workout to focus on upper or lower body or core. Also they focus on health above anything else which is refreshing and the couple who do it are adorable together :) They do workout programs but they cost money so I haven't tried any