Life Getting In The Way

Options
cbraun133
cbraun133 Posts: 90 Member
Life keeps getting in the way so I have taken around 9 days to complete the first week. Anyone else finding it hard to keep on track....
After the weekend with the kids, sleepovers, husband around, I find it hard to get it done.

Replies

• erinp523
    erinp523 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Last week was a challenge. We had terrible weather here causing my schedule to be off due extra driving time. I ended up not working out Thursday or Friday. I caught up over the weekend but it is definitely hard when there is a lot going on and probably one of my biggest reasons why I would completely give up in the past. Keep it up even at your own pace. The results will come.
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes, I understand! The only way life doesn't get in the way for me is to do it at 4:30 am so I can work out, shower, change, eat breakfast and be ready for my day before everyone else's day in my family starts at 6:00 am. Plus the 8 month old still gets up once at night to eat. I hear you!

My opinion - do what works for you. I decided I need to make this my priority. So 4:30 am sucks. A lot. But I'm getting it done.

Keep consistent and persistent. You got this!
  • Soybeaner
    Options
    My sister-in-law sent me this quote yesterday from burpeessuck.com

"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you"

For me the "mood" usually leaves in week 2 :wink: I am going to power through this time!
  • RS3khon
    RS3khon Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Soybeaner wrote: »
    Yes, I understand! The only way life doesn't get in the way for me is to do it at 4:30 am so I can work out, shower, change, eat breakfast and be ready for my day before everyone else's day in my family starts at 6:00 am. Plus the 8 month old still gets up once at night to eat. I hear you!

My opinion - do what works for you. I decided I need to make this my priority. So 4:30 am sucks. A lot. But I'm getting it done.

Keep consistent and persistent. You got this!

wow thats admirable!
  • cbraun133
    Options
    Yes that is admirable. Hoping you are finding time for a power nap in the afternoon.
    Great to hear Im not alone....Seems that a lot of times Mommy comes last. We will get through this for our kids, schedules and husbands!!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    cbraun133 wrote: »
    Life keeps getting in the way so I have taken around 9 days to complete the first week. Anyone else finding it hard to keep on track....
    After the weekend with the kids, sleepovers, husband around, I find it hard to get it done.

I'm of the opinion that a 90 day challenge like JM BR doesn't necessarily have to be completed in 90 days when life gets in the way. The important thing is to not let a bad week derail you completely that you stop. 9 days to complete the first week isn't so bad - that means you still exercised 6 times in those 9 days, which still pretty good! Keep going forward, getting stronger, building up your stamina and doing what you can.

I see too many people start one of these programs and drop out because they have a bad week. We have to remember that we set our own rules and if we can't follow the plan 100% as it is laid out by JM, we can still keep going. If it takes 100 days instead of 90, you're still going to see results if you stick with it! Some of us started a little later than others, so you can finish with us. Life got in my way before I even got started so I ended up beginning JM BR a couple days later than I would have liked!
  • Mellie289
    Options

"Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you"

For me the "mood" usually leaves in week 2 :wink: I am going to power through this time!

I like that a lot! My "mood" usually leaves me in the first week when my body is hurting everywhere, especially in muscles I didn't even know I had. Fortunately, it usually comes back around week 3 when I start to see improvements in what I can do and my clothes loosen up a bit! I'm hoping I'll follow this pattern again. :smiley:
  • the_new_robin2013
    the_new_robin2013 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So very true!!! Its more about consistency than anything!
  • Soybeaner
    Options
    A quote I like is "I may not be the fittest. I may not be the strongest. But I will be damned if I am not trying my hardest."

Another one is "If you are persistent you will get it. If you are consistent you will keep it."

Jillian is not going to come through the tv screen and yell at you if you miss a day. Just keep at it the next day. Find a time to make it work. Make it a priority.

Moral? It can suck. Keep at it anyway. You got this!

With that I am out of quotes and out of platitudes :smile:
  • cbraun133
    Options
    They are all appreciated. Having a better week though. No snow days this week....so far and Ive been able to work out every day since Monday. Cardio day....oh joy!!!
  • healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm still getting over a sinus infection so have missed a week. It stinks. I feel like I have to start over again... because I am going to be so out of breath! haha
  • harieta
    harieta Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's nice to read how everybody has a solution for situations when life gets in the way. I am hoping that others will read these and be inspired not to give up!
    If I cannot exercise (for whatever reason) one day, I don't want the missed day to be one of the workouts, so I prefer to miss a cardio workout instead. So if it's the first day of the week, I prefer to push everything by a day and omit the cardio session on day 6, and so on, because I am somehow afraid that by not doing a workout, I may not progress enough to manage and enjoy the next level.
    Also I am going to travel a lot for three weeks in March, so I know I will not be able to exercise, but I plan to repeat the last week I do before I go and continue with the rest of the program.
    Quitting is NOT an option!
  • Mellie289
    Options
    I had to skip today - got home from work so late! I'm think I'm going to try to just flip my scheduled rest day this week - maybe that's why it's on day 7. Otherwise, I agree with harieta's comment above about omitting the cardio session. I might double up tomorrow if I can instead since I should be day 5 today so I can do extra cardio afterward.

I think the rest day today will be better for me anyway since my back was hurting and I didn't really want to be doing supermans today!
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

THIS. It's hard to explain to people but this really captures the "just do what you said you were going to do" and staying true to your goals!