Options
maureli
maureli Posts: 722 Member
philipsidney160088.jpg

Replies

• valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not perfect. But there are a few things I'm learning to accept on this journey towards health. I'm not focused on losing weight anymore. It will be great if I do, but I just want to be healthy. It's nice to reach that point. Another is that I'm not perfect....and life is not perfect. I try to keep a good routine. My routine helps me a lot to stay on track with not just my eating and exercise...but my chores and other responsibilities. But life is messy and sometimes I can't follow my routine. That is okay!
    Yesterday I walked the kids to school, and walked to pick them up. It was raining when I got up, but stopped after we finished breakfast so I went for it! I did eat some homemade toffee and chocolate chip cookie. But only went over my calories by under 100 so I was pleased I didn't engorge myself. I also ordered food for delivery because the exhaustion finally hit. I made it 4 days without taking a nap and without skipping chores before that happened. I hadn't ordered out in all that time so I don't feel too bad about that either.
    Today I plan to walk twice again. I also plan to spend some time with my hubby since we haven't spent much time together recently. He is in school still...only a few months left! Five years of him working and in school so I'm left to deal with everything else solo and it is finally almost over! It will be amazing to have him actually able to help out with the kids and spend time with us again!
    Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I haven't read back on what I've missed, so just giving a general hope you are all doing well. I'll try to post more later.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    val, I can really appreciate your outlook about health and life not being perfect. Thanks for sharing. I needed that!

I find myself dwelling on the fact that every time I get a routine that I feel will make a difference, either DH travels, or I do, or vacation, or illness, or, or, or. In the grand scheme of things I'm encouraging DH to take this trip and try to increase business, etc. I even look forward to having the kids to myself. The only thing that I don't like is two weeks of no running and no gym, but especially running as I JUST restarted and I live it so much. Sigh. Anyway, it's just two weeks.

Today DH worked late and I had the kids for the afternoon routine. So got a few steps, but that's it. Eating has been not so good thanks to some chocolates I stupidly bought, plus DH treating with McD's for having to work so late. But not a total disaster, if I don't do anything stupid later.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Val I got to that point a few months ago and started intuitive eating. I just couldn't diet and binge anymore. The bingeing has stopped now that food isn't forbidden and after the first month of eating junk I now am back to healthy food and really wanting it.

Wide awake last night at 1am I took a Benedryl and feel asleep at 2 and slept till 12!!! I feel so dopey....

My shoulder is better but still bugging me. It's mental, from stress. Now that it's slow, almost dead at work, the long Monday's are a mind killer, after cleaning and dusting, reading and looking at smart phone I still have many hours alone in small room to kill time.

Hoping we do sell house now. I won't have to work at all so can find something I enjoy for hobbies or volunteer. We also changed where we are moving to. Ocean in northern CA near mountains. So other than getting ready for move I am now looking forward to it, will only be 4 hours from my daughter I am close to instead of two day drive.

Having another rest day today, hoping to be back at nia for tomorrows class.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Breathe.

Sigh.

Okay.

Not going to rehash yesterday, just moving forward.

Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks, and tonight's dinner's in the crock.

Took a 23-minute walk at work to move booty.

Will eat a protein shake if still hungry after dinner.

Pennies make dollars.