Just starting the process for gastric sleeve

Options
Hey I'm 41 years old , my name is Dreama and I'm just getting started in the process. Any advise and support would be a great help.

Replies

• kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good morning Dreama! I'm Allison. I think the best place to start is to read through the various discussion threads in the group. There is a lot of great posts from all over to read from people in different points in their journey. :)
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    As you read, add friends from all stages of the process. You will see a different view from the 'inside' as you see what people eat on a daily basis, see our struggles and successes on our news feeds.

That process helped me to see the breadth of the experiences and while no one will be able to tell you how your experience will go, you will likely fall somewhere in the range that we have all gone through.

Rob
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rob! I knew there was more to say, but since I'm just waking up, I couldn't quite articulate. :D
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey hey!! Welcome! What an exciting time. I remember those days! I agree with the others. Read thru this forum and see what we deal with. Do your research. I found it to be valuable. I actually had a friend that had it done so she was a great help too. We are all here to answer your questions! Good luck on your journey!!! Glad to have you here!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, read through the forum, do your research, and ask all the questions you need to ask, here and with your surgeon and his team. Start making the changes now that you will have to make post-surgery - start logging, eating differently, and exercising now! It will make things easier on you in the long run. I truly believe that all the work I did pre-surgery helped me to be successful post-surgery. Also, last but not least - listen to your surgeon and his team, and do what they tell you to do. Follow the plan and you will be successful! This really is an exciting time for you! Good luck to you!!
  • benagek
    benagek Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love Rob's advise from above. I know it's really helped me. I had surgery in September 2014 and I'm still learning all the time. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You have come to the right place. :) I am just 5 weeks post and have gathered all kinds of insight from these posts. Feel free to friend me
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    As you read, add friends from all stages of the process. You will see a different view from the 'inside' as you see what people eat on a daily basis, see our struggles and successes on our news feeds.

That process helped me to see the breadth of the experiences and while no one will be able to tell you how your experience will go, you will likely fall somewhere in the range that we have all gone through.

Rob

Rob's advice is spot-on. You will get your plan from your doctor, but the bonus information that you can get here is invaluable. Plus, use this planning time to start making the changes in your life that you will live post-surgery.