Day 13

Options
emma7437
emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
I went out for lunch today and had salad, good choice but it had chicken that had a coating of some sort, kind of crunchy, not breadlike. It was nice but I have been tired all afternoon and it went straight through me, blah. Not worried about the slight breaking of paleo as it was the best choice I could see and it just confirms that I am on track making these eating choices away from grains.

Otherwise feeling good, still thinking about biscuits but today not so much, just a little bit. I haven't been tracking my food on here and today I am starting to again to see the amount of carbs I am having each day, mostly out of curiosity.

Hope everyone is travelling well, we are almost half way there!!!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job on eating out! It's not easy. I haven't even tried it yet. Sounds like you did a good job trying to make the best choice possible. Logging your food is great. I've been logging mine just to watch the nutrition.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have been Decaf Green Tea now for two weeks and it is killing me, so today I am grabbing some Decaf coffee at the store (anyone have any suggestions) I do not miss the caffeine I miss the flavor of coffee. Not sure I can face another cup of this and I have been drinking it for months now. BTW caffeine is not a problem with any level of paleo it is my venture (do not try this at home, :# )
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Steam, I don't drink coffee but am loving trader joe's teas- peach ginger white tea is nice (but not strong) and Tazo 'Calm' in the evening is lovely. Neither are strong flavors but maybe something totally different would help? If it's totally the coffee flavor and you are avoiding caffeine you probably need advice from a coffee person!!

I have a cold that has settled in my chest and I'm feeling lethargic. I ruined some beautiful boneless country pork ribs last night and burned my hand- wow, I guess it wasn't my night to be in the kitchen!! Because I cooked all weekend I'm still covered. Today I had soup for breakfast and have rogan josh and cauli-rice for lunch. I might make chicken curry and broccoli for dinner.

I have 2 lbs of ground beef I need to use, any suggestions?
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just had ground beef for lunch, I keep it simple - just salt, pepper, tumeric, maybe a dash of something else in your cupboard (I'm staying away from night shade so my spicing is a bit limited re: the spicy stuff) ~ wrap in raw cabbage and you're done. This could be cooked also or replace cabbage with a green pepper. Anyway, tastes good to me but most foods do when I'm eating paleo and nothing goes to waste.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sorry, steam clutch I don't drink coffee so can't help. I am a massive tea drinker, black tea with milk and this month have gone dairy free so no (usual) tea for me. I have been drinking green teas and different things and so far it has been fine, I don't feel the need for my old cuppa. This would be a very different issue if it was winter though!

One of my good mates said to me the other day, "what happened to the old Emma of peanut butter on toast and tea for dinner!" which made me realise just how much my mindset has changed over the last five or so months. It was my go to meal when I was tired and now I could not even contemplate it!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Day 13: Forgot to grab my damn lunch AGAIN so I took the skin off the baked chicken, chopped some lettuce & I used ranch dressing, yeah I know ranch is NOT compliant! Tonite (& tomorrow's lunch) will be beef stew that I made last night. It is very good & one bowl is quite filling.
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    I talked to my Barista who says she cannot have caffeine anymore (sounds crazy) and so I have a half pound of Decaf Mocha Java which she says is what she drinks as well. She tells me it has chocolate notes too, which is good because I dropped chocolate too this month tomorrow morning I will hopefully be my old self again.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good luck Steam, I commend you for sticking to it. I don't know what it is about green tea, but I've never cared for it.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Steam how was the decaf coffee?
  • SteamClutch
    Options
    Tasty, gotta say it saved me from the doldrums. I am still doing decaf green tea during the day time but the morning decaf coffee makes it more bearable