BBG Veterans

Options
tahni
tahni Posts: 45 Member
Anyone have any advice?
Subs for the materials/ motivation advice/ ways to spice up LISS or HIIT/ nutrition advice/ regrets?

Replies

• gambz
    gambz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Posting your progress here each day/week is a great idea (the titles starting with "Week One Wednesday" or whatever will do) for motivation, it keeps you accountable and as you get into it you'll start to feel a little guilty if you don't complete them!

Nutrition-wise it's always a good idea to eat an hour or two BEFORE the work out (not heavy foods) but it also depends on your current diet, and dietary needs. I am not using the H.E.L.P guide as I have different dietary needs to the average person.

No regrets other than I have slacked the last two weeks (back on track now), I found that when I started the guide I went from being a lazy person to someone who loves to exercise (it happened very quickly!) so I've started a running program as well which I do instead of LISS or HIIT - so I have no advice there.

The progress happens quite quickly as well, you get to repeat workouts you did every few weeks (week 3 you repeat week 1) so you can see progress. I find that if you start to lose motivation you can just look forward to the repeat weeks because I see so much progress in my strength and speed.

All in all, if something isn't fun you shouldn't be doing it. Fun doesn't necessarily mean easy or you LOVE to do it, but you should get some happy gain from it.
  • mshor064
    Options
    I was up to week seven at the end of 2014 but after a two week vacation I decided to rewind a bit and go back to week four to pair the end of the guide with a half marathon I'm running in ten weeks.

My advice is to complete every workout with one hundred percent power. Don't skip out on the LISS training either, just because it doesn't seem like an important work out doesn't mean it isn't. As for nutrition make sure you're getting adequate amounts of proteins and complex carbs..you won't see progress unless you're eating properly!!

Last piece of advice is to track process via twitter,tumblr,instagram, etc. I use instagram as my motivation/progress and it is so helpful, especially when the BBG community is so large on it.

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any!!
  • isemhug4
    isemhug4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm also doing the BBG, I just started today! I want to add the circuit workouts to My Exercise in my diary. Do you add it in as Cardio, and then 'Circuit Training, General'? When I put that in, it says it only burns 184 calories, is that right? I would she's thought it burned more than that.

Also how did you add your LISS, or your arms and abs work outs, isn't that more strength/weigh training?

Any help welcome, I'm new to all of this!

Also, do you know if there's a group of here of BBG girls? Xx