Weekly Warrior Mini Goal Challenge 1/11 - 1/17 (2015)

Options

Replies

• Wiseinwellness
    Wiseinwellness Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Julie's mini-goals:

1) Track and be green! (1/5) - doing well so far. Made an amazing eggplant dish last night (ratatouille) - highly recommend it as tasty, nutritious, filling and low cal.

2) Strength Training x 2 (Tues & Thurs) (0/2) - I am going to go to my other gym before tennis as I can't face the crowds at my other gym (at work) it is chaos and mayhem.

3) Tackle one area for improvement this week - This week, as it is deep winter here in Canada, I am getting our gas fireplace working again. A technician is coming in tomorrow (hurray!) to assess it and then we can see what it will take to get it fixed.

Stay strong everyone!
    Julie
  • 17walk
    17walk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi warrior friends started back again old username was fitnessdaily. Happy New Year to all.
    Goals1/14-1/18
    1- Track for 5 days
    2- Exercise- 120 minutes

• runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm really trying to get with the program but life keeps getting in the way!

Goal for Jan 14-18:
    Track and be green (0/5)
  • monastempletransformed
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Thanks Hearts for getting us started this week and all the motivational pictures /sayings. I love your sleep goal. Sleep is so important to our health and well being . Kind of ironic that I'm saying that while posting at 2 AM lol. I frequently wake up in the middle of the night and it takes a while for me to get back to sleep, so I go online for a bit, but I do shoot for a total of 8 hours or more even if it is interrupted :)

• monastempletransformed
    Options
    I'm lucky some nights to get four hours sleep wish I knew what to do different to help me sleep better
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky some nights to get four hours sleep wish I knew what to do different to help me sleep better

Well first off welcome to the group :)

Regarding sleep is it that you can't sleep because of little kids? Insomnia? Work hours?

It's vital to get enough sleep.. I think sometimes ppl think of it as luxurious to get in 8 hours but it's vital (and of course changes somewhat varying on our age). Hormones are released during sleep hours that replenish our bodies, our brains, help us by either continuing to stay healthy or heal. It also has a lot to do with weigh loss.. getting enough sleep is as important as what we eat and how much we move our bodies.

I know there's been times in my life I've not been able to have enough and now I really push myself to get it in. I'm sure it's because I've learned of it's importance.

:) Hearts <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    runner115 wrote: »
    I'm really trying to get with the program but life keeps getting in the way!

Goal for Jan 14-18:
    Track and be green (0/5)

ha ha.. yea, what's up with that right?! B)
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday:

My Goals for the Week:
    1. Log & Eat - Breakfast 5 days this week 2/5
    2. Workouts/straightening house up - 5+ gym or home 3/5
    3. Sleep - 8 hours 3/7

Remember, progress, not perfection!!!

• Wiseinwellness
    Options
    Julie's mini-goals:

1) Track and be green! (2/5) - right on target yesterday. But today may be thrown off due to the chocolate cake in the office. Will see how disciplined I am tonight! That's the key.

2) Strength Training x 2 (Tues & Thurs) (0/2) - GAH! Failing at this. I did floor work for abs instead.

3) Tackle one area for improvement this week - technician came today - I await his analysis to fix the fireplace....this is an exciting time!

Julie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,359 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Well first off welcome to the group :)

Regarding sleep is it that you can't sleep because of little kids? Insomnia? Work hours?

It's vital to get enough sleep.. I think sometimes ppl think of it as luxurious to get in 8 hours but it's vital (and of course changes somewhat varying on our age). Hormones are released during sleep hours that replenish our bodies, our brains, help us by either continuing to stay healthy or heal. It also has a lot to do with weigh loss.. getting enough sleep is as important as what we eat and how much we move our bodies.

I know there's been times in my life I've not been able to have enough and now I really push myself to get it in. I'm sure it's because I've learned of it's importance.

:) Hearts <3
    Thanks for reminder Hearts! You are doing great on the sleep too!!

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Mini Goals week 1/12 to 1/18:
    1.) Stay in green on calories - did not
    2.) No fast foods - Had FF yesterday :neutral_face:
    3.) No vending machine snacks at work - Fought the urge and not as strong today.

Tues Check-in:
    1.) 1/7
    2.) 1/7
    3.) 1/4 - Off Monday!

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

• Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in - Mini Goals - Jan. 12/15 to Jan. 18/15
    1) Track and Stay in Green (2/7) -Tracked every day but was in the red yesterday
    2) Exercise for at least 200 minutes (20/200)
    3) Check-in Everyday (3/7) - checked in Tuesday but forgot to post.
  • kguiste
    kguiste Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1) Morning cardio M-F. (M,T,W,R done!)
    2) At least 3 days of strength training. (2 days done.)
    3) Complete logging at least 6 days. (4 days done!)
    4) Drink 110 ounces water per day. (M-no, T,W,R-yes!)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hello Warriors!!

Mini Goals week 1/12 to 1/18:
    1.) Stay in green on calories -Yes!
    2.) No fast foods - Yes!
    3.) No vending machine snacks at work - Yes!

Wed Check-in:
    1.) 2/7
    2.) 2/7
    3.) 2/4 (was off Monday)

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in:
    Well, I've been definitely making healthy choices, but only within calorie goal so far one out of the four days of this week- would have been yesterday except ,after being upset most the day about something, I over indulged in some wine therapy! Paying for that today-feel yucky physically ( but feeling better emotionally at least lol). Aiming for calorie goal for the next three days!!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Thursday check in:
    Well, I've been definitely making healthy choices, but only within calorie goal so far one out of the four days of this week- would have been yesterday except ,after being upset most the day about something, I over indulged in some wine therapy! Paying for that today-feel yucky physically ( but feeling better emotionally at least lol). Aiming for calorie goal for the next three days!!!!
    <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday:

My Goals for the Week:
    1. Log & Eat - Breakfast 5 days this week 3/5
    2. Workouts/straightening house up - 5+ gym or home 4/5
    3. Sleep - 8 hours 4/7

Remember, progress, not perfection!!!

• Wiseinwellness
    Options
    Thursday check-in

1) Track and be green! (3/5) - I went with a lean cuisine, so balanced out the chocolate cake

2) Strength Training x 2 (Tues & Thurs) (0/2) - Still not doing this. I think I'd better work on music.

3) Tackle one area for improvement this week - will follow up with technician

Julie
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thursdays check-in - Mini Goals - Jan. 12/15 to Jan. 18/15
    1) Track and Stay in Green (3/7)
    2) Exercise for at least 200 minutes (20/200)
    3) Check-in Everyday (4/7)
  • Wiseinwellness
    Options
    hearts - you're doing awesome!! Way to go - and thanks for that "progress not perfection" quote. I have to remind myself this is life. Not a project.

Susan Thank goodness for wine therapy. At least you understand what took you there and what you want to do - good luck with the calorie goal going forward. You can do it!

Molly Way to go on Wednesday - meeting all your goals. Take it 1 day at a time and celebrate your wins!!

kguiste you're doing great and way to go on strength training. It's one of my goals too, but I am going to have to ramp it up on the weekends when I have more time to give it attention.

Lost-it Good job on the tracking. That's the first step to accountability and awareness. It's not too late to get your body moving. You can do this!

Julie's Friday check-in

1) Track and be green! (4/5) - My lack of cravings has been a big help in my ability to meet this goal. This is a new sensation and likely to do with some recent neausea I've experienced with certain foods and alcohol, making me very cautious these days.

2) Strength Training x 2 (Tues & Thurs) (0/2) - I will do this today at lunch and once on the weekend.

3) Tackle one area for improvement this week - will follow up with technician RIGHT NOW about my fireplace. It's something to do with the venting. A bird flew in there and died, poor thing.

Stay strong everyone - we can have a great weekend still.
This discussion has been closed.