Pizza

AmyWininger
AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
I'm in college, living in a dorm, so I don't have many options for food. I was wondering, for Papa Johns, I can order a pizza, get it without sauce, and just add cheese and toppings to it, probably sausage and chicken. If I just scrape the cheese and toppings off the crust, and only eat that, will there be too many carbs in that?

Replies

• I do this for special occasions. It does not affect my weight
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    If you get a thin crust meat lovers you shouldn't even need to take the cheese or sauce off. I looked it up on calorie king and was just as surprised as I could be. I was going to say originally to cut some of the crust off.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-pizzas-thin-crust-large-14-the-meats_f-ZmlkPTc2NzI0.html
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    22g of carb for one piece! :o I don't know about anyone else but I can't eat just one piece. ;)

I would eat just the toppings.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    I do this with frozen pizza. I would get a supreme or meat lovers, leave the sauce on, and scrape the toppings off and leave the little bit of sauce with it. I wonder what the carb count is in a container of that garlic butter....YUM
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Can you have a toaster oven in your dorm? If so - you can make a pizza lasagna - layer all the meats and veggies you like and add cheese and a little bit of pizza sauce and bake it for a lot fewer carbs and hassle. (And it may be cheaper in the long run.)
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    I do this all the time since my family isn't following low-carb. I feel wasteful, but my teenage son snatches up the crust anyways lol.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,016 Member
    That's what I do, OP.
  • sun_shine765
    sun_shine765 Posts: 20 Member
    Try this - http://cookyscreations.blogspot.ca/2012/06/holy-grail-of-ketolow-carb-pizza-crust.html
    - I use this for my pizza friday "cheat night" . It stays nice and firm, and you should be able to cook it in a toaster oven (it just may take a little longer). The kids get thier pizza, am I get mine with a glass of red wine
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    I second this pizza base. It's awesome.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    I pick the pepperoni off the pizza i make for that man i married. Tell him it was cheese pizza. :wink: