I want my life back

Options
I am a 47 year old female. The past 3 years have been crazy, I left my husband of 24 years, started a new relationship with a great man but has twin girls (not welcoming), my son had a psychotic break due to marijuana use and my full time job just got reduced to 2 days a week. Needless to say, I have let myself go. I use to work out daily, walk, weights etc. now nothing. I have also developed a terrible habit, drinking red wine. I not talking about a glass a night but a bottle. I open a bottle and by the end of the evening the bottle is gone :(. It leaves me angry with myself and it starts another vicious cycle.
I would love to chat with others who have dealt with reducing wine consumption.
Thanks

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hear you. But 750ml of red wine is about 645cals, that's a lot of food you could be enjoying instead. I would try limiting it to twice a week to give yourself time to clear your head and your body a rest. Just make a commitment, it will definitely help you lose weight.
  • Ratches
    Ratches Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I too have had to reduce my wine and cheese and crackers... because it is such an enjoyment and it relieves stress- but it really is only in the moment as you say you are angry at yourself after... doing something good for yourself like going for a walk instead of drinking - brush your teeth, find a hobby ....

yes one or twice a week would be a great start.

I am trying to go 21 days -- I only made it 6 days so I will try again this week

Here is a thought it is like bad food if you don`t have it in your house you can`t eat it. Cut down on the wine you have in your house..

That is a lot of money too!

Good luck

• omgsherryb
    Options
    Wow, we have a few things in common! I'm trying to reduce my (delicious, delicious) wine also. So I gave myself a set bedtime ( 10 pm ) and I won't have my wine until my work out after getting home from work. It slightly helps but I'm only on week 2. The psychotic break your son experienced (same with my son btw) is a tough one to get through, a support group may help (?) So I guess my advice is to keep busy..easier said than done, I know. Also don't beat yourself up when you do drink a bottle, it happens, you're stressed!