Multi-vitamins on fast days

Options
eychenn
eychenn Posts: 64 Member
I try to eat healthy on fast days to get my nutrients but that doesn't always happen. I don't currently take any supplements, and I was wondering if any of you do, whether it's every day or just on fast days?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I take a Vitamin D supplement every day - it helps with the absorption of calcium, very important for a woman of my age, and also with dealing with SAD symptoms in winter months. I also take a daily fish oil capsule for my joints and the omega stuff. I'd take those whether I was fasting or not.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i take a multi-vitamin on fast days and on any day following an evening where I consumed an alcoholic beverage.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Every day multi.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Like Melaniecheeks, I have a group of supplements I take everyday so I just take my normal supplements on FDs. Keep in mind that on FDs you don't have as much as normal in your stomach so depending on the supplement, it might cause stomach upset on FDs. Also I know some supplements need food to be absorbed well so I wonder about how much nutrition I am actually getting from my supplements on FDs but that is a discussion for another day. ;) In the end, it's up to you what you take.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Same supplements every day:

Fish oil capsule
    Vit C & Zinc
    Glucosamine & Chondroitin
    Vit D in the winter months.
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Like Melaniecheeks, I have a group of supplements I take everyday so I just take my normal supplements on FDs. Keep in mind that on FDs you don't have as much as normal in your stomach so depending on the supplement, it might cause stomach upset on FDs. Also I know some supplements need food to be absorbed well so I wonder about how much nutrition I am actually getting from my supplements on FDs but that is a discussion for another day. ;) In the end, it's up to you what you take.

Ah that makes a lot of sense!

Thanks everyone. I think I may start taking a multi-vitamin...
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I take some supps everyday. I look at it as cheap insurance. "Empty" stomach or not, I haven't noticed a difference. Guess some people do.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin
    Vitamin D
    Iron SLE
    Glucosamine
    On a perfect day if I remember that is what I take.
    Sometime's B-12