Day 14

Options
lovelyrose11
lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
I am noticing that I have a lot more energy. I am staying up later at night and waking up easier in the morning. I used to hit snooze twice, now I just get right up when the alarm goes off the first time. Anyone experiencing an energy boost lately?

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My energy boost includes a better attitude towards my kids and others, and a more stable mood in general - no more peaks and valleys riding a sugar/carb high. And yes, on waking up, looking forward to each day even if I have nothing special planned.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Finally, yes! I'm feeling it. The best part is that I fell off the challenge on Saturday--I had a business lunch and I forgot to tell the organizers about my diet, and I chose to eat what was served. I got right back on after that meal and am still chugging along.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think I would be there if I wasn't fighting a head/chest cold- I KNOW I would be so much sicker if I wasn't eating healthy so there is that! I'm able to get up easier as well, that's huge for me, I'm always late from over sleeping.
  • Jessa333777
    Options
    I'm pretty much a non-poster. But, I know the point of this group is support to stick to the plan, so here I am.

Been doing well with the plan with my own admitted modification (whey protein.) First, I want to say it is great to be able to do a reset with minor modifications as many have made, without someone pointing out how it is NOT PER THE RULES. I think making manageable changes is important, and still a wonderful step in the right direction, even if there are modifications!

So, I'm checking in on 14 days with no dairy, no alcohol, no sweeteners, no gluten etc. Done some protein mug muffins (protein/egg/coconut oil), that's about it other than whole foods.

I'm in that "I feel fatter" stage as I'm bloated and may actually be eating slightly more than I was prior to this. I'm not weighing this month, so not sure. I believe I'm starting to feel better, although I was pretty decent with my intake before so I don't expect a huge change.

My present struggle is that I have to put my dog down on Friday and I think I'll want a drink. I can't decide -- worth it to adhere to some arbitrary promise to myself?! Or, give myself a little break and keep up with the good eats?
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well Jessa. So sorry about your dog, animals become such an important part of our lives. In regards to the drink, I guess it depends on why you are doing the reset. If it is to simply eat better, then one drink wont matter. If it is about headspace and not always "breaking the rules" then you may be disappointed afterwards - only you know that.

Sounds like you are doing really well though. Keep up the good work and hugs about your dog.
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Hey Jessa - Sounds like you are doing great. Don't worry about feeling bloated, from my understanding this is common and should pass soon. Keep up the great work!
  • lovelyrose11
    Options
    Somehow I missed your last paragraph - I am really sorry about your dog. That is such a hard thing to go through :( I say keep up with eating healthy though. I know I REALLY struggled with emotional/stress eating and it gets out of control quickly. I always regret it.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So very sorry, it's not easy losing a loved one.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Jessa, so sorry about your dog! I am a dog lover, and have been in your shoes. I to think it depends why you are doing this. If you can get back on track easily, then I say go ahead.

I am doing well, but its PMS time, and the junk cravings are here!! Are potato chips still junk if I make them at home??
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oh Jessa, I'm so so so sorry about your dog. My heart breaks for you :( You sound like you are doing great. Be kind to yourself, and if you feel like having a drink it's not the worst decision and there is always tomorrow. Sending you hugs.