Working Mom Here - Need Support/Friends

Options
Hey all,

I am a working mom here with two boys, one 18 months and the other about to turn 4. I have been on and off MFP and have gotten all the weight off from my second child, but not even close to getting down to my prepregnancy weight of the 1st child almost 4 years ago. I am determined this year and need some friends to help motivate me. Please friend me and I will be sure to do my best to motivate you. Working full time, being a mom/wife and finding time for yourself, we are all in the same boat and would love to share those challenges with you.

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I just sent an add.

I'm a new mom of 2. My 1st is turning 4 at the end of the month :( and I just had my second at the end of September. I'm in need of motivation too and I hope to be a good motivator too. I just starting working part time (use to work full but dropped down thank goodness) but I'm also working on my Master's. So anyone can add me too!!!
  • shaunaallan
    Options
    Sending you an add too
  • MrsA2011
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone! I'm also a busy working mom struggling to stay committed.
  • Adrienne0509
    Adrienne0509 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2, a fiance, and working woman who is also in nursing school!! Add me (because I'm not sure how to add you ladies lol) because I really need motivation and would love to help motivate you as well!! I would just like to loose 20lbs but I'm having a really hard time doing so!
  • Ell2639
    Ell2639 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have three; lost the weight after #1, lost half the weight after #2, but with career and family life I just couldn't keep it off after #3. Time to make a course correction! I have a milestone birthday next year and I worry that if I don't change some bad habits now...when will I??
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom with 3 kids, ages 3, 4, and 11. I really need some motivation to keep me going. My goal is to lose 40 lbs and to live a healthier lifestyle.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have one- she just turned 3. I never really lost any weight from when I had her and, after three years, I'm running out of time to keep calling it baby weight! I work full time as a nurse- so 7p to 7a and working nights just adds another wrench in the clock works.
    I have about 80lbs to loose total but am currently on my first goal of exercise three times a week and losing 10% of my current body weight. It's rough going, but I think I can do it.
  • Adrienne0509
    Adrienne0509 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ell2639 wrote: »
    I have three; lost the weight after #1, lost half the weight after #2, but with career and family life I just couldn't keep it off after #3. Time to make a course correction! I have a milestone birthday next year and I worry that if I don't change some bad habits now...when will I??

I've always been told you have to do it now or it won't get done, good luck to you! I hope you meet your goals and live a long happy healthy life!
  • cloeyharley
    cloeyharley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom of 3. Ages 11, 7, and 3. Pre-pregnancy weight with the first two was about 160. 145 before the third. I had been stuck at 165 since around 2000. Got up to 205, 202, and 199 respectively. I am now down to 147.6 and have 2.6 pounds to go to my suggested goal weight from my dr. Now I need to work on toning up. Work in an office full time outside of home. Not a big exercise routine person. Would rather be outside. I have also set a goal for myself to run a 5k on the 4th of July.
  • mandakate213
    mandakate213 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm new to the group too, but have been off an on MFP for years! I have decided that this is my year, though, and I'm tired of starting over!! Ultimate goal is to lose 60lbs, but working toward smaller goals in the meantime! Mom of 2 boys, ages 6y and 14mo, and their answer to any problem is "Here Momma, have a cookie!" LOL. Looking for diet buddies who can offer a liiiiiittle more support ;) Feel free to add me!!!
  • fnrldrectr
    fnrldrectr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work FT (days mostly & 2 weekends a month also) & my hhusband works FT nights leaving me no gym time. I love how people say "oh if you wanted to you'd make the time" but when my husband comes in from work at 1am it makes it difficult to get to the gym by 5am. I would love to get myself a treadmill. ...I like walking & it's my go to at the gym anyhow.

I too have quite a bit to loose to get healthy....I had a horrible reality check the other day....I weigh TODAY what I weighed 6 1/2 years ago the day I gave birth :( and my blood pressure was the highest it's ever been. I have yoyo'd from 211 pounds down to 160 in the last 13 years and it's time to get serious.
  • tisthammer3
    tisthammer3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sent a add request
  • tisthammer3
    tisthammer3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a working mom and have two boys myself. A four yr old who will turn five in May and a 6 yr old. Struggling to meet my goal weight.
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom of 2 boys. 3 and 7. I weigh the same right now as I did when I gave birth to my youngest. I lost 10 lbs of it but then gained it all right back after I got some cosmetic surgery (boobs) and got out of my workout routine...now its been almost a year since THAT and I still am at my highest weight. I have been eating better for a month now and have seen zero change. I recently purchased a food scale and have begun to reincorporate exercise into my day.
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sending an add your way!! New mom here, looking to shed this baby weight
  • mythreearrows
    mythreearrows Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    32 y/o mom of 3 littles... Ages 9 yrs, 7 yrs, & 7 months. Previously lost 50 lbs after baby no. 2, and trying to do it again!! Starting at 192 with a goal weight of 135-140 lbs. I'm a flight nurse in the Air National Guard & love to run! I've got 2 half marathons under my belt & hope to get back into it. I'd love to add some friends here for a little motivation & accountability. It's difficult trying to be a good mama, wife, have a career, and stay fit & healthy, but I've always felt my best when I've been more in shape. Also amy.way on Instagram. Thanks!!
  • lreaven
    lreaven Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am working part-time and have two little ones (almost 4yo and 6 month old). I have used MFP very casually in the past, but I am excited to commit to it now. I would love to join other moms so we can support each other to reach our goals. I can't wait to lose this baby weight! Please add me!
  • mucky1217
    mucky1217 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a working mom of 2 girls, 2 years and 6 months. Trying to get back in shape! It's so hard in the winter months. Feel free to add me!
  • purpleorange9
    purpleorange9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mom of two boys. One is 4 and other is 1. I work nights and am at home during day with kids. Would love some support and encouragement especially on those days when I'm really tired and don't have the energy to keep myself motivated. I'm still trying to figure out how to add people so feel free to add me. I will do my best to encourage you all as well!
  • kmbrly0525
    Options
    Hi ladies! First time mom to a 7 month old boy and I work full time in an office setting. I've been relatively successful with losing baby weight so far, but I've hit a plateau and am looking for encouragement and to encourage others. Feel free to add me. Good luck everyone!