Weekly Wednesday Check in - January 14th

Options
bvifun
bvifun Posts: 402 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Good morning all.
271878_original.jpg

Another boring repeat. :wink: I have maintained all week under my goal although still fluctuating a lot day to day. I am happy that I can do so much more walking recently.

To all our new members, please join us on our weekly checkins.

Wanda from Tortola

Replies

• Computershateme
    Computershateme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to report that I am maintaining my goal weight. Theoretically I should be down a bit as I was under my calorie limit all week. As long as I don't go over my goal I'm content.
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! That's a beautiful graphic, Wanda, thanks.

I'm holding steady too. :| Still only 2-lbs from my goal and can't seem to get there. But at least I'm not gaining. :)

Rose
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Despite a three day weekend away I have managed to stay below goal .... I didn't go crazy with the cooked breakfast, had lots of water between the wine, more or less had just breakfast and a mid afternoon meal and no dinner plus did lots of dancing .... I am feeling pretty pleased with myself and do feel that I have got the hang of this maintaining ..... Fingers crossed I can just keep going!

Well done to everyone .....checking in here is a very good idea!

Jean
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the graphic-I just want to spend time looking at it- the quote fits the picture perfectly. I am new to this group-joined yesterday. I weighed in today and will take that as my starting weight. I am 28#s over my "ideal weight". I know I want to lose at least 20#s and then see how I feel and look. What do you'all think about "ideal weights"??
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What do you'all think about "ideal weights"??

Welcome, Sue! I think once we reach our "ideal weight" we know it and feel it. Weight charts and BMI charts are good guides but, I think it's about when we feel comfortable.

As for me, I'm far from my ideal weight but I am thrilled to have lost one more pound this week, which brought me into the merely "Overweight" category after being "Obese" for so long! So today the BMI chart is my friend ... I started at 40.03 on August 24, 2014 ... and today I'm at 29.94 (*)
    ~ Kathy in Worcester, MA

73739389.png

• Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    smileys-happy-751965.gifHappy Report Out Day!! Great Job Everyone!

:unamused: I’m up a couple of pounds and after this crazy week, I’m not surprised at all. So far I’m doing a good job of maintaining my weight within a 5-pound range.

:angry: I just want that range to be 5-pounds lower on the scale!!! As I’ve wined about this before…these last 5 are the absolute hardest for me to lose. I keep finding them again!!!!

I’m off to support my BFF for the next couple of weeks through her MIL’s death. MIL’s passing was expected but yet, so many details that must be addressed. So I’ll be taking on the role of “personal assistance” and doing whatever is needed.

t31135.gifI was able to bike 41-miles this week but will have to settle for walking my BFF’s dog - MacCloud - for the next couple of weeks. Will need to do something to off-set all the funeral food!

~w3 Mesa, AZJust_Cuz_06.gifenroute to Santa Fe, NMt118003.gif
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Okay, last week I gained and was at 159.5. This week, I lost 4 of those (155.5), but am still a pound over my low. Oh well, this will pass.

Sue: We recently have discussed this. You might look in maybe December chat. Someone posted an article about how women over 60 might up that ideal some. I have read some more articles recently that said that "healthy" BMI is good until you hit 60. Then, mortality is actually lower if you are on the high end of the "healthy" BMI or even into the overweight range. That you actually increase your chances of dying if you go too low into "healthy" after 60. I still have my ideal listed as 115 which would be right in the middle of "healthy" for me. I will leave it there but I do intend to talk to my family doctor, my cardiologist, and my rheumatologist and see what their ideas are. I have a feeling my ideal will be around 125 to 130. I'm at a size 12 now (almost a 10). I want to be a 6. I was a 6 for most of my life, but we'll see.

Like Kathy said, we think we will know it once we get there. Give ourselves a few pounds to play around with once we are there like Wanda, Computer, Jean, Wooken and Rose (although she says she's not there yet, she pretty darn close!).

animated-thinking-smiley-image-0018.gifAfterall, I decided that weight-loss takes a long time and then forever after that, so I'll get there. No hurry!

Wooken: It is go good that you can be there for your friend. You won't gain as good deeds block added calories. Right?
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You won't gain as good deeds block added calories. Right?

What a motivator for good deeds that would be! In any case, safe travels, Wooken3 - you are a good friend. ~ Kathy

• IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just have to comment about MFP. It WORKS!! I have not been able to walk since Jan 2nd. The weather has been terrible with highs around 10 degrees and wind chills some days at -30. County roads are a sheet of ice right now. I've been faithful in staying under my 2000 calories and have lost 4 pounds during that time. Getting closer to that 200 lb. mark. Woo Hoo!