Switching between two different Fitbits?

Options
_Tzefira_
_Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
Hi all,

I'm very new to Fitbit (just been gifted one this week)! I've got one of the wrist-worn devices, which I do really love but -- there are some circumstances where I know I won't be able to wear something visible on my wrist for a certain stretch.

I was thinking of getting one of the little bra-clippable (is that even a word?) models just for those times, but I notice that you can't have two different Fitbits on the same account yet. If I did have two separate Fitbits and just de-linked one and linked the other while each was in use, would the data from each erase as I de-linked and make me keep starting over again? Or would it show continuous data and not lose the old?

I'm sorry if this is confusing. I can try and explain it better if need be :smile: Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if that would work, when you replace one Fitbit device with another using same account it takes you through a different process to update to the new device. I really don't think this would work.
    why would you want to have two?
    and I know what you mean about the wrist one not always being wearable. I used to tape the little device inside my bra for special occasions when a Flex band would look all wrong - worked perfectly :)
  • _Tzefira_
    Options
    Just that I work in an area where I can't always have something on my wrist, is all. Fitbit just put on their blog that they're working on multi-device support for one account though, which is exactly what I need :) Hope they roll that out soon.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Oh maybe they'll come up with that soon then :smile:
  • randyjuggler
    Options
    I would like multi device support as well.
    I have a flex, which I like because it's small-ish and I wear it all the time.
    I'd like to get the big Surge as well, but I'm not going to always be able to wear that one, so I'll only get it if I can switch back and forth.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I would either get a larger band so you can slip it around your ankle.
    Shove it in a pocket or in your bra for those things.
    Far less hassle than having 2 devices.
  • _Tzefira_
    edited January 2015
    Options
    (Wrong thread post)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I actually switched off of the One to a Flex because those little buggers are SO easy to lose if you twist wrong or snag the holster on something! I do have a used One for sale if you are interested! :) I don't think you lose any data, you just have to keep going through the set up process when you switch. I found that easiest on my phone.
  • _Tzefira_
    Options
    Yeah, I just was playing with two devices (thank goodness there are two in the house already) and found that if you go through the entire setup rigamarole each and every time they will apparently exchange data. Little annoying til they figure out real mutli support but good to know I wouldn't lose everything in a day if I had to switch off. Hooray!

How much are you asking for the One?