January Goals

Options
AglaeaC
AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
What are your January goals? New year, fresh start and all that :)

Replies

• romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have signed up to Jantastic to kick start my running and once my daughter's birthday is out of the way I want to get my eating back on track. I am also entering the Garioch 10k which is on the 3rd Sunday in March to give me something to aim for.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the mfp runners jantastic team. If I get over this cold I'd like to shoot for 75 miles this month.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to bring y mileage back up after knee issues and viral infection. I'd been hoping for a sub 50 minute trail 10K by the begnning of February.

That should position me to kick off a marathon plan in mid February.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I've also joined the Jantastic team.
    I'm hoping to:
    - get my running enthusiasm back. It's been a bit lacking lately.
    - run/walk 100K+ in January (walking is only for warm-up & cool-downs, so very little distance)

• AglaeaC
    Options
    Excellent goals! Had to ponder mine a bit so I won't disappoint myself.

Head out three times a week with one hour total as time request. Hopefully it will be much more, but I tend to be overly optimistic sometimes.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's the same schedule that I try to keep, AglaeaC: 3x a week; 70 minutes each session; more if time permits.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    PaytraB wrote: »
    That's the same schedule that I try to keep, AglaeaC: 3x a week; 70 minutes each session; more if time permits.

Oh, yours are slightly more ambitious! I meant an hour as a whole, that way I shouldn't be able to screw things up too badly since the request is so small.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    My January target is rather vague, just get back to or at least be on the upwards trend of returning to my 70ish km a week, and to hit my Jantastic target of 5 runs of at least 30 minutes long.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just want to keep up with the HM plan I'm doing, which will mean 4-5 run days a week with increasingly longer runs each week. For Jantastic I set my goal at 4 runs and 1 ride per week.
  • NickeeCoco
    Options
    Run three days a week (MWF), and two strength sessions a week (TTH). I have access to the track and gym at the college, and I have an hour to kill before my husband picks me up from school, so I might as well make use of it.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options

I have 38 miles on at the halfway point, so my goal of 75 miles for the month is looking pretty good.