Basic Fitness

Options
I just wanted to ask about peoples opinion on the general level of fitness needed to start the BBG.

I'm asking because have been pretty lazy over the last year, and the last time I did any real exercise was almost a year ago, when I did the 30 Day Shred.

-Has anyone started who hasn't been doing any regular exercise before?
-How difficult do you think it might be if I haven't been working out recently?

I don't want to start and give up because I'm struggling. So I'm considering wether its worth doing the 'pre workout weeks' included in the guides to get my fitness back up, or even the 30 Day Shred again.

What do people think?

R

Replies

• aecheteb
    Options
    Hi--- I feel you and I'm glad you asked. I have been off working out other than 1-2x /wk pilates due to a back injury. I was finally allowed to return to working out and decided to reclaim my body with BBG. But like you I was concerned about my fitness level. She recommends getting your cardio up to speed if you have not worked out in a while by walking/power-walking daily for 2wks. I just did it for a week (albeit hiking for 1-1.5hrs) and also watched my food for that week before I started. I was able to finish day 1 in the amount of time allowed-- it was challenging but good. So you are aware-- I can't even run a mile!!!! But-- I hope to be able to at the end of this program:-) I'm 5'8" and of athletic build but with extra padding:-)
  • ros1epos1e
    ros1epos1e Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Heyy, thanks for replying! I'm tempted to give it a go. I guess cardio has always been my weakness, but I was also looking at the guide and the HITT sessions come in a lot later, so im hoping my fitness will be higher by then. I also don't want to go overboard on the cardio side of things because I'm not really looking to lose weight but just tone up (in other words i'm skinny fat)
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've noticed about this guide is that it's completely up to you on the hardness level. If you already have the guide, go for it, and I totally recommend the pre training weeks as prep.

But as long as you are attempting the guide, and challenging yourself (whatever level that looks like) you're gonna see results! There's no need to worry if you're not getting through each circut more than twice, or super fast. That's why there's a 7 min timer. All you have to work towards is beating your own time!

I super struggled at yesterday's arms workout (barely did one time through for each circut), but I know that in two weeks I'll be doing so much better! And that's worth it.
  • ros1epos1e
    Options
    ohh, have you been doing the pre-training weeks?

I'm slightly tempted to do the 30 day shred if I do a pre fitness thing, which is what I did today, just because I dont want to get bored over such a long time, but im also really eager to get started.
  • ros1epos1e
    Options
    and thanks for your reply!
  • missamy4
    missamy4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm borrowing the original guide from my friend so I don't have the pretraining guide. I just practiced week 1 a few times before I started the guide for real. I think I did day 1 4 times before the new year. When I started I couldn't do the second circut but by the time I started for real, I wasn't even sore after day 1!