I'm going to finish this time ! starting January 6th 2015

Options

Replies

• tibo1783
    tibo1783 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Love insanity! Well after the first week wasn't as sore as expected , looking forward to week 2
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I did cardio power and resistance today. I had a lot of thoughts of quitting this program during it, but kept going with it. I am not used to this, as I am always one to say "do a program you love" and I am still not sure if I LOVE insanity - the workout is great, but I do not find it enjoyable. :( I am trying to cut myself some slack though, as I am on my night shifts for the next week and a half. I just dont want to give up for these 2 weeks then have to attempt to get back on track. Anyway - just a rant.
  • karmin81
    karmin81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group! I plan on doing my fit test tomorrow (Having Sundays be my day 1). I've had the videos for months, and I have done the videos a few time but nothing regularly. I'm looking forward to starting and finishing!
  • AlbionOakley
    AlbionOakley Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dakotababy- just read the title of the thread! I already know I'm going to switch to another programme after I finish insanity , but I look at it this way- its throwing me back into being active and I will be ready for any programme after this.
  • chez_lotr
    chez_lotr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm also doing insanity I'm currently on day 4 however I did the full first month and the recovery week before Christmas then took a break for christmas. I decided to redo the first month as I've only just been able to do push ups properly! To help motivate you this is how my third fit test went compared to my first:

Switch kicks - 86 (first test was 64)
    Power Jacks - 49 (first test was 28)
    Power knee - 80 (64)
    Power jump - 30 (24)
    Globe jumps - 31 (33 - I've decreased going to work on this!)
    Suicide jumps - 12 (12 - struggling to speed these up any tips?)
    Push-up Jacks - 10 (4ish - couldn't do push-ups at all when I first started)
    Low Plank oblique - 55 (35)

The fit test really helps to keep you motivated and I feel so much more energised just generally throughout the day. To help with fitness I've also been doing the Do You Yoga 30 day challenge which is roughly 10-20 minutes of yoga a day which is free and has also helped me build up strength! Let me know how you all get on with insanity!
  • chez_lotr
    Options
    Oh I should add with the globe jumps I count each single jump rather than a full rotation
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Almost done with week two - just need to do Cardio Abs, then I am onto my second fit test. I am having some slight doubts if I will actually improve my numbers, but it is probably due to a lack of quality sleep. Tuesday I will be doing my Fit Test!
    -
    - Just wanted to share as well, that I have lost about 4lbs in the last two weeks. I am glad this busted through that plateau! :) I was thrilled to get on the scale for it to be at 163lbs, 13 MORE POUNDS TO GOAL of 100LBS LOST! :D Maybe insanity will be the program to get me there!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    week two done! day off tomorrow!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    2nd fit test results:
    Switch kicks 53- +13
    - power jacks 40 +16
    - power knees 89 +35
    - power jumps 32 +21
    - globe jumps 8 +4
    - suicide jumps 11 +4
    - push up jacks 25 +12
    - low planks obliques 35 +5

Feel awesome!
  • chez_lotr
    Options
    Well done both! Keep it up! I've had to stop for a little bit as I've hurt my lower back :(
  • dakotababy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I finished my fit test today, kind of falling behind schedule but I should be done month one by the end of January!

Here are my results

fit test 1 (fit test 2)
    SK - 50 (60)
    PJ - 30 (39)
    PK - 59 (90)
    PJu - 22 (28)
    GJ - 6 (7)
    SJ - 11 (14)
    PUJ - 3 (12)!!!
    LPO - 5 (20)!!!

I am super excited for the difference in the Push-up jack and the low plank oblique. I remember first doing it, and could hardly even hold myself up!! I am kind of surprised that those 2 exercises were the biggest difference.

I have found that when I do the low plank oblique exercise, my lower back really feels it (in a good way!)

I have also lost another lb since the 13th. My recovery time has improved, and if it is a good day - I can do the entire workout now from beginning to end.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    brilliant!
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    Week 3 done! Did plyometric circuit today which still leaves me more exhausted than any of the other workouts. However my fitness has improved so that I can now complete the level 1 drills in full at least a few times each circuit
  • dakotababy
    Options
    Right on! I am also just finished week 3! I took my rest day yesterday - back at it today!
    -
    - Anyone else still going at Insanity??
  • candybet
    Options
    I started Jan 5th. Still at it too.
  • AlbionOakley
    Options
    I started week 4 today with pure cardio. I pushed really hard as for some reason I only lost half a pound this week. Apart from brief pauses I only took 2 extra water breaks, one after a couple of reps of level 2 drills and one after a few suicide jumps. Felt like doing the workout for the first time again!

As a result I decided not to do cardio abs and will do it tomorrow. Each time I have done it I have been unable to complete the vast majority of the exercises due to being fatigued. I think I will be splitting the double work outs from now on
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I am just marinating in my sweat from pure cardio week 4! I find the fatigue is really setting it though, getting bored of the workouts/dreading them. I struggled to get through this one today for sure! I couldnt even do the suicide jumps!

I dont know, maybe an off day - though I realize my protein intake could be better, which may be what is contributing to this lack of ability to do these workouts. I felt like I wanted to keep working out (mentally) but my body was just not up to it today! I have been doing the cardio abs on wednesdays on the schedule, or even my saturdays.
  • dakotababy
    Options
    I am going to do some turbo fire.
  • dodiem29
    dodiem29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Couldn't wait for Monday so my rest days will be Saturday.
    SK - 56
    PJ - 42
    PK - 74
    PJu - 23
    SJu - 9
    SJa - 11
    PUJ - 0!!! Did lady style only 16
    LPO - 30

Excited and super scared for day 2 tomorrow
  • msarcia2u
    Options
    I am thinking of starting again. Scared. First time I did it was over a year ago and the pain of the first week still haunts me. I'm up 20 lbs since then. I need some motivation!!