New & Looking for supportive friends!

Options
VTmom208
VTmom208 Posts: 17 Member
I am a SAHM to a 10 yr old son & a 3 yr old daughter. I realistically should lose 50-60lbs but am aiming at 25 to start. Slow & steady!
I am looking for some supportive friends. :)

My daughter is in preschool 2 mornings a week so I finally have some "me time!" My goal is to get back into running & using my new quiet time wisely.

THIS BABY WEIGHT HAS TO GO!!

Replies

• anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sending request :smile:
  • WillypipMom
    WillypipMom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am new to the group as well! I have two step sons 10 and 15 and I just had a baby. I keep looking in the mirror and thinking, eh, that pooch will go away. The baby was just born! ha! Well, it has been 8 months, so I guess the postpartum period is over, and what is left is real deal fat. I gained 80 lbs with my pregnancy. It was a huge bummer because I spent the four years leading up to my pregnancy losing 135 lbs! I finally reached my goal weight of 135 (I am 5' 10) the month I got knocked up! of course! A lot came off with the delivery (thank goodness). Now I am at 162 and looking to lose 25-30 lbs too! I know how to lose the weight, but this baby boy gave me cravings for sugar that I cannot shake! It is time though- I am taking him home in February to meet my family (I live in CT but my family is in Las Vegas) and I want to look like I never had a baby! Lets do this, girlfriend!
  • sarstar1
    sarstar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also just had a baby 7.5 months ago. While I only gained 20lbs while pregnant and most of that came off, I started out overweight at 207 lb, which is what my current weight is. I have successfully lost weight before and am looking to do so again! I am a working mother and finding time to work and spend time with my family is tough so not sure how to fit in workouts. So for now I am concentrating heavily on eating healthy, cutting out pop and juice, etc.
  • mommylosesit
    Options
    Hi moms! I'm actually new to the site AND the group. I haven't actually popped yet, but I'm due soon and I'm looking to build a support system pre-birth. I'm being monitored and won't be able to do much until I'm cleared by the doctor, but I'm here to get used to tracking my progress and to support mommies getting healthy!
  • Tljordan40
    Tljordan40 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Teresa and mom of three young men. 16 year old twins and 19 year old son. Ready to shed this weight, been holding to it for too long.
  • nscottross
    Options
    Please add me!! Need support. People that aren't really interested in loosing or even just staying healthy just don't understand. I Work full time, am a mother of 3 girls and live in the country.
  • ThisGingerRuns2015
    Options
    Looking for support! I'm a SAHM of a one year old and looking to lose about 20-25. I still have about 12 of baby weight to go and I was a bit heavier than I should be when I got pregnant. My problem is FOOD! I love working out (usually) but I will snack and snack and snack and snack. If it's sweet I want it. And wine. And I am horrible at portion control and listening to my own body say its had enough. I want to change the habits so my daughter learns good things by example!
  • DiChic74
    DiChic74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Happy to share support/motivation with you! I'm a 40-yr old working mom of a five year old and looking to lose about 20 pounds/eat healthier. My biggest challenge is finding time to exercise. Starting today by rejoining MFP, committing to logging my food and taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator. Baby steps, but this time I'm determined to get there! Need words of encouragement and support to help me.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello! Trying to lose 50lbs. Mom of 4 here :-)
  • a05jwal
    a05jwal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mom to a 5 year old girl and 1.5 year old son. Was overweight when I got pregnant and now am at 209 (5'10) ultimate goal is 160, I have no problem working out but the eating gets me... I would love to lose 50..
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mom of 2, 4 year old and 3 month old. Work part time, grad school...oh and trying to do something for my self like get fit. Going to try and lose 40 pounds I think. I'm 5'4" and would like to be around 140 :) Would love new friends and support.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm hoping to get regular discussions on here so we can help support each other. Look out for the weekly thread with the date on it. Hope to see you there :smiley: