5:2 2:5 2 day diet

Options
catchyb
catchyb Posts: 31 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi!

I'm a 40 year old stay at home mom of 3 (5, 3, 6months).

I really want to loose at least the 7kgs I gained since my first pregnancy, and then another 4 to bring me back to a size where I'll feel good. I can't really diet cause I'm still breastfeeding, and struggle to find time to exercise as I have no childcare/family where I live. We recently moved to a new village and it's hard to make friends - everyone seems to work!

I'm trying the 2:5 lifestyle. I'm hoping to loose 1kg (1lb 1) every 2 weeks. Started 2 days ago on Friday. Instead of the 500 C the diet advises, I'm aiming to keep under 800 - for the breastfeeding thing.
Friday was really hard but I managed it! My biggest problem is that I got about 8 boxes of chocolate for Christmas, and I looooooove chocolate and can't let them go to waste, specially the ones with the fresh cream fillings. I've been averaging between 8 and 10 of those per day, at over 100C each... And that's me making an effort! Otherwise I would easily have one every 30 minutes and 2 or 3 every 2 hours with a cup of coffee! I'm planning to do my next day tomorrow. I think Mondays and Fridays should be easiest, they're far enough apart to recover, and close enough together to feel guilty when I eat an entire daily ration in chocolates before lunchtime (today).

Anyone done / doing this?

Replies

• catchyb
    Options
    Looks like this is going to be private diary. Oh well. Monday didn't work -I ate all day. But, I did manage yesterday (Thursday), logged just under 600 calories, with the help of lots and lots of spinach! No migraine but pretty exhausted today. Can't see myself doing it again today (already ate 4 chocolate biscuits and chocolate). It's lashing rain so I really don't want to go out, school run in half an hour anyway. Time for another coffee...
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi, just say this post...I mainly look at the 5:2 thread, but am on here sometimes too. Don't give up on 5:2 just yet. Your chocolate...you can have them...on non-fast days! There are no restrictions on non-fast days, except keeping to maintenance calories. I think you are right to keep your fast number a bit higher with breastfeeding.

I am a busy mom of 6 and current completing my PhD. If you need some support I will be around on either thread. you can do it. I started 5:2 in September and have lost 10lbs so far and I had been stalled for over a year after my last little one was born.
  • catchyb
    Options
    Thank you! Mom of 6? You're brave! I'm drowning with just 3! I just want to go to bed and stay there till they're all potty trained and sleeping through the night. I didn't know there's a 5:2 thread, I'll look it up now!
  • snaps27
    Options
    It's called 5:2 fasting. I'll try and find the link.
  • catchyb
    Options
    Thank you for the link! Couldn't find it by myself.
  • snaps27
    Options
    No prob, hope to see you there.