January 16th goals

Options
DaivaSimone
DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
I did a good job on my yesterday goals, except the fact that I was way too much hungry to workout before dinner. I ended up doing it straight after dinner, and it was kind of fun, my aerobics feeled easier, and I was faster and stronger, so it was good. I did 12 burpees (yay, PR!) and I want to try to do 15 this weekend. The expected loss was there this morning (-0.6), but I'm expecting a greater one over the weekend. I love losing weight!

Goals for today

1) Log accurately and DON'T GO OVERBOARD DURING OFFICE HAPPY HOUR. My limit is one beer and a handful of chips. I need to stick to that. Doritos, you're not my friend anymore, ok?
2) Exercise (done! I did Workout A from Stronglifts this morning and I ended up burning 376 calories. Yay, I love calorie burn!)
3) Drink, drink, drink

Goals for the weekend

1) Exercise on both days. Probably a lighter workout on sunday.
2) Do at least 15 burpees on both days.
3) Be reasonable with my saturday night dinner. Entertaining with friends makes it harder to keep it low.
4) Plan meals ahead and cook at least two supper for the week. I did this last week and my week was soooo easy, I should do this all the time.

Replies

• ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've run 7.2 miles so far this week, I have 2.8 miles to run before Sunday to meet my 10 mile goal. I plan on running another 5k tomorrow morning (I'm doing alternating rest days for running).

I drank two 4.4% beers last night and woke up with a killer headache lol...my tolerance is silly low. I have 2 more beers allotted to me for the rest of the week. I might try a mixed drink tonight at happy hour like something mixed with seltzer? Any suggestions?

The gym down the street offers a free 3 day trial for membership, I'm going to start this tomorrow and take 2 exercise classes. I will run the 1 mile there and back every time I go.

I'm meeting up with 2 friends tomorrow I haven't seen in a couple of years (when I was 70 lbs heavier!). I'm getting pretty nervous...and I think I might go clothes shopping tonight :)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 10 mile goal so far. I've been really bad about getting runs in. Forced myself to do treadmill intervals on Tuesday (which at least makes me run faster since it's the only cure for the boredom), and luckily it is supposed to be pretty decent weather this weekend, so I hope to get in a longer run.

Did well on my goals yesterday, except when we were out to dinner I was pressured a bit by my sister to order food I didn't really want and gave in (she doesn't want to sabotage me or anything, she just wanted us to get and share appetizers). I'm kind of annoyed that I ended up eating more than I had planned to or really wanted, but I didn't overeat (in terms of amount) and I did enjoy everything, so will consider it worth it. (I maybe was under my calories, quite possibly not, but not above maintenance for that day.)

Goals for today:

1) Pilates and maybe some cardio
    2) Get up at 5 am (did this)
    3) Make sensible choices at work lunch
    4) DEXAFIT! (body fat test follow-up)
    5) Go to bed at a reasonable hour (I am not going out tonight, so there is no reason that this should not be possible)
    6) Call a plumber (sigh)

For the weekend:

1) Get in one good session each of swimming, biking, and running
    2) Seriously, get to the de-cluttering project already
    3) Make a decision about a weight training plan I will stick to (I kind of have one, but it's not focused enough because there are too many different things I'm attracted by and I need to just commit to one program)
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    and luckily it is supposed to be pretty decent weather this weekend, so I hope to get in a longer run.
    It's supposed to be 35* in Indianapolis today, up to 47* tomorrow! If the roads are clear/dry I may be able to get a bike ride in!

My goals:
    Drink 10 glasses of water.
    Watch my sodium intake.
    Get some walking in after dinner. (Probably at Meijer. I need salt for the water softener, so I can load it in my cart and walk around for 20 minutes!)

• SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ChiaGnome wrote: »
    I drank two 4.4% beers last night and woke up with a killer headache lol...my tolerance is silly low. I have 2 more beers allotted to me for the rest of the week. I might try a mixed drink tonight at happy hour like something mixed with seltzer? Any suggestions?

If you are doing a mixed drink with seltzer just pick your favorite liquor and have them add some fruit juice to it. The amount of juice they use is only a few more calories and worth it for the flavor.

Todays goals:
    1. Stay within calories (I keep coming close to going over and also eating back all I earned)
    2. Bake cookies that were supose to be sent out as gifts the other week
    3. Plan out my foods for next week and see what I need from the food store
    4. Also clean up the spreadsheet and remove the people who never came over from the last challenge (working on this right now)