Options
maureli
maureli Posts: 722 Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv7WYGrslCycT2xcmPzWTWk126BAomizPQYP5i4pFXQj0FN0TSIw

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Soup's in the cooker! My fingers are crossed that it comes out right. I have a tendency to measure nothing when cooking, despite weighing everything I eat. It drives DH crazy, but he's not here! Haha. And also, in keeping with the quote Laura posted yesterday about looking at the diet changes differently, this soup looks delish, so if this is "dieting", then, "YES please!"

I'm kinduv intending to bring son home after school, but if he has loads of homework, I'll have to take him to the tutor. The point is I'm being lazy and probably won't even get many steps today, but I am doing housework, so there's that.

Oh yeah, TGIF people!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Sherry - I totally understand what you're dealing with. My youngest has the same struggle. He refuses to nap anymore, but we finally instituted quiet rest time. He is in his room alone, he can play quietly, but no big distractions for him. Sometimes he falls asleep or he just plays, but I think he gets so overstimulated that being in a quiet room for an hour or two really helps him. But nothing works perfectly. Yesterday he was exceedingly whiney and kind of a brat. But, what can you do but struggle on as best you can! I hope your soup turns out delicious! :)

Laura - Thanks! I plan on more just getting back into my routine of working out by getting up, but only doing 15 minutes at a time. So I develop good routines that I can build on without wiping myself out! Glad to see your headed back in the right direction! That is always such a wonderful feeling when you see the number on the scale start dropping. I've been refusing to weigh myself since my surgery. My dad (a doctor) informed me that the stress on your body from surgery makes your weight fluctuate wildly for the first few months afterward. I figured I didn't need the added stress of weight gains that I had no control over. In a couple weeks I plan to start weighing myself again. :)

We went out for daughters birthday yesterday to Culver's. I just had a bowl of Chili (which was delicious). Also, I discovered that they now have mini concrete mixers (kind of like a blizzard from DQ...only more amazing) So instead of a whole big cup...you can get a relatively small size. I got one and the calories weren't too bad and it was just the right amount of yumminess to enjoy a nice treat without engorging. I was excited to see that....I will be back! :)

Today I will be baking cupcakes for daughter's birthday party tomorrow morning. It's at Chuck E Cheese. Normally we just have it home, but she's old enough now to have been to other people's parties there and wants to have that experience. So I'm just trying to make sure I won't over eat on pizza. Making our own cake helps a bit...since that is always less calories than store bought ones. :) I also plan to get two walks in again. Have a wonderful Friday...and a good weekend if I don't get on during the craziness!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Sherry let us know how the soup turned out! And yes, TGIF!!!

I haven't been to Culver's but I had their ice cream cake once and it was amazing. I'm afraid to go back. Hope your daughter is enjoying her birthday celebrations Val!

This morning I did 15 minutes on the rowing machine, 5 minutes doing shoulder exercises with a resistance band, 15 minutes on the spin bike, then had my workout with Jason. Leaving work in a couple minutes and will go get my swim in. Then I need to go to the grocery store because my fridge is bare.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Today I had a short day at work and then time for a quick run with Fells before our freestyle (dancing with dogs) class. Fells is going to do "Devil in Disguise" sung by Elvis and Colin is going to do "He's a Tramp" from Lady and the Tramp.

Driving home I got a desire for pancakes, fruit pancakes. As soon as I got home I got out the box of whole wheat pancake mix, added water, an egg, a banana, and some blueberries. I made three servings figuring that that could refrigerate two thirds and have them for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. That was a fail as they were so good I ate all three servings, but .... I'm still well within calories for the day! Yeah!

Love to hear how the soup turned out, Sherry. Was it the broccoli soup? Hope you time alone parenting works out okay until he returns and you get your new shoes.

Hope the party goes well, Val.

April, hope you're hanging in there!! It's tough I know!

And Marla, I hope that you're getting a chance to rest.

Laura, you are doing so well! It's great to read.