Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
mtiyovr681cs.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Have to make this a drive by b/c I'm on a roll with picking up after my daughter. She's a full time mess maker but my son has her busy on a vid game atm.

The soup was great! I made a couple tweaks b/c I like a little chees in my broccoli soup. Also when I first got back from school it smelled a little burnt so I added a tad sugar to offset it. But in retrospect, it was probably only the bit on the edges smelling and fine when turned off and stirred. Anyway, I love it but the kids couldn't handle it, especially the texture since they'd never had a blended soup before. About the only soup we do is lentil, bean, beef stew and chicken stew, so this was new for them. But I can't wait to reheat for lunch!

Laundry etc today and tomorrow my FIL might take the kids to their greatgrandmother so I can get a little run! This is rare and I wont tell the kids yet b/c he often doesn't come thru, but I think he will this time. :)
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    In a new turn of events...son sprouted a nasty fever and wouldn't eat breakfast. Started crying about his owie (he's 3). I gave him ibuprofen for aches and pains. 30 seconds later he puked all over me...and the house as I rushed him to the bathroom. Spent the morning cleaning up after him and then calling my parents to adjust some plans.

Thankfully, that was the only time he puked. He cries from tummy pain for a couple minutes..but has kept food down. I just followed the key steps. Don't flood him with water, give the tummy time to settle. BRAT diet for the rest of the day (banana, rice, apples, toast). So far so good. The party today is at Chuck E Cheese...so no one is coming to a contaminated house. Daughter wanted homemade lemon cakes. I still made them...but my parents are also buying cupcakes this morning for everyone else to have u contaminated food. :). Hopefully all goes well this morning for her party. Husband is keeping son home for the first half of the party so he won't overstimulate himself.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hope your little guy feels better and that the party is a huge success!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hope the party went well!

Glad the soup turned out, Sherry.

I loved the pancakes so much yesterday that I decided to make them again. I think tomorrow will also be pancake day. Can't do it once I go back to work though, so I'll make some hard boiled eggs for grabbing in the morning. Also am going to try split pea soup in the slow cooker tomorrow. Bought the ingredients for it today. I bought too much ham, so I need to figure out what to do with it. I'm not a fan of ham, or peas actually, but I love split pea soup.