It's OK, but It's Not Nutrimirror

Options
MuyGuapo
MuyGuapo Posts: 5 Member
Just finished entering my calories for the first time here. Blech! I enjoyed NutriMirror so much more. I don't think this is a bad site, or that there are better sites, but it's not NM. You guys are the only thing that keeps me from stopping calorie counting all together.

Replies

• anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Me too, I agree but I also want to honor NM by finding somewhere else to continue on my healthy path. They taught me so much about learning to be accountable for myself.
  • anewstart22
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Did you see my post on comparing MFP, NM and Cronometer? I'm posting in all three places and Cronometer is very close to NM, easy to use too. Hey, if you go there please keep your mojo over here with us, ok? We like you in here with us. ;)
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello MuyGuapo, it's good to see that you are giving this site a try. Yes the calorie count is not the same but it is close and one of things we all learned from NM is close enough just has to be good enough.

I look forward to getting that first news letter from Lynn Matava and finding out what her and Susano are doing. I hope you signed up for it too.

It's always a pleasure to see you.
  • MuyGuapo
    MuyGuapo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been spoiled by NM. I want first class food logging for FREE! LOL . . .
  • anewstart22
    Options
    LOL, yes me too! Free is the best but MFP is good as well. I'm going to continue logging at MFP and Cronometer when NM closes and then decide where I will do all my logging but I will stay in the family here.
  • tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    MuyGuapo we all have been spoiled by Mike Ray and his awesome ability to create a site that has so much nutritional information all in one place, with awesome folks who are so caring. <3

I am thankful that Marcie directed us here so we can all lean on each other.

I did find that you can change what you track. I decided that I didn't want to track my sugar so I changed it over to Fiber. I think I feel that is just as important to track.
    If you go to your settings and you have the option to change the Nutrients Tracked.

Added recipes aren't that hard to do either, JudyElaine1952 has a post about Copy and Paste Recipes from NM.