just started this week - would some 5:2 buddies!

Options
lulu1066
lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
Hi everyone. I lost around 60lbs 2 yrs ago, and 15 have crept back on so am trying this diet as it is new and whacky and seems to be very successful. Would love to share the journey with you, so please add me to your contact list!

Replies

• Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Love this healthy eating plan and hopefully it will work for you
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have added you.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! This is a great group!
  • Revcminor
    Options
    I'm loving this too. It is so simple and seems doable for the long haul (I have over 50 pounds to lose).
  • Debssssssssss
    Debssssssssss Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just starting out, feel free to add me also! :wink:
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    For the past two years I have learned to stick with 5:2 friends who are the MOST supportive. The other boards are judgmental haters. If anyone needs additional support feel free. Lulu and I are friends already!
  • lulu1066
    Options
    Yes Jannette the last thing in the world you need is judgement when you're hungry! People at work not very positive at all so coming here to chat to nice people who know what I'm going through. This group does seem to be full of really positive and kind folks.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    There are defiantly people out there that don't get the whole fasting thing. I find myself hiding it sometimes which is sad. But like you said lulu1066, it's nice to have this thread.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I am a nutritionist by education and I have lots of friends that are Registered Dietitians ( I am in the food service business) and the RD's are NOT judgmental so when I hear layman give advice or judgement I just ignore. The most important thing is feeling good and not getting into the habit of VLC on consecutive days too often (it happens when your appetite subsides which is not a bad thing!)
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have had such positive comments at work and several people have now decided to give it a go. This is the programme that has worked best for me after trying others over many years so I am very positive. People will always criticise when they aren't informed.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Usually it's the people who can't be ar*ed who are quick to dish out all the negativity. Fortunately with 5:2 people don't need to know unless you choose to tell them. And no expensive weigh-in classes either!
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I did almost a year of 5:2 and lost 2st. Lapsed due to emotional problems and didn't do it right (also allowed the demon drink to sneak back into my life!) put half a stone back on but am ready to start again as I absolutely love 5:2. First fast day in ages today - no problem!!
    I'm looking for friends for support on my 'down' days and people to share happy stories with too!
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you want.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm back at it after a few months off (and a few pounds on)!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies. I did this last year and I'm back. Started for realz 1/1/2015 lost 6.5 lbs my first two weeks.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I keep an honest diary which includes treats. I never complete my entry for the day but it's done.
    I find seeing others diary helps.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    I am trying not to log food and keep a diary now, but will do if my NFDs become a buffet. Super start to 2015 chiccam. Worked out how to add friends so going to press that add button now!