Day 19

Options
emma7437
emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
Feeling really good still, not having any cravings at all. Enjoying the food I am eating and feel like I could eat like this forever!

I have not lost any weight in a week though. I know its not just about the scales, and I know I was going to stay off them!!! But, its frustrating. I assume its just how we lose weight, it cant come off consistently all the time, but is anyone else finding the same thing? I am eating well, not eating too many nuts, I am eating enough each day, all those things you wonder about. But this is the place to share, so there we go : )

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hey Emma I am not having any cravings either. I am going to stick with this lifestyle for a while. I plan on taking a day off and then doing another Whole30. For me the weight is falling off...BUT..I am 4 months postpartum so I think it's just the "baby weight" that is coming off really easy. I think another 5-10 lbs and it will get much harder. Hang in there..you are doing great. We all experience highs and lows with weight loss. How's your sodium intake? I know if I eat too much sodium I always gain weight.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did a Whole30 a couple years ago where I didn't lose any weight at all. But during that time, I lost a ton of inches and 10% body fat. My first Whole30, I lost about 20 pounds, 2nd I lost about 10, and my 3rd and 4th I lost maybe 2-5 pounds. It's kind of annoying, but I'll take the improvements in performance over weight loss any day!
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is all about healthy eating and finding things you should avoid in the future which comes with reintroduction time. Weight is really a different issue and to be frank women have a harder time than most men due to hormones and that is a fact, but it shouldn't stop us from trying and working on it.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well this probably TMI but I got the stomach bug Saturday night and threw up every where. A big problem for me is I could taste the beef bone broth and kimchi~ now I want nothing to do with either and they were a big part of my daily diet. Sunday and today it's been chicken and veg soup, I could stand up long enough to throw that together but as another poster said last week the thought of beef and pork makes me not want to eat. On the bright side I know I just need to ride this out. I took pepto but omg, nyquil has a ton of sugar and carbs so I passed on that. I'm hanging in there.

Superb job everyone.
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, that is why we post here!!!

I have been thinking about what you all wrote. I do need to look at salt I think, maybe having too much. I'll work on that for a few days and see how it goes. I did take measurements at the start so will need to see those at the end of the 30 days also.

And crossfit is going really well, I have energy and am continuing to improve. I back squatted 70 kgs this morning, previous was 65kg and strict pressed 33.5 kgs. I need to keep it up for a while but I think maybe I am not getting wheezy like I do sometimes. This will need to be monitored for a while though to see if this is the case.

Thanks all, its nice being able to say stuff on here and get a positive and helpful response : )

Emilymean, that sucks, hope you find your health and eating again soon.
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am still getting those small hunger pangs for about 5 minutes and then it goes away a couple times a day before lunch and dinner. Otherwise all is going really good. I have a busy week too.

Stopping by the farm market tomorrow for produce. I have a whole Turkey Breast to cook down for Turkey and Vegetable soup.

Hope you feel better Emily!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wait, Emma you're doing crossfit? I think I missed that. You could not be losing because you are gaining muscle!
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Emma, I don't lose when I'm doing crossfit (well, I haven't stuck with it consistently to get to the losing part) because my body hangs on to water and weird stuff like that. Measurements might be the way to go for awhile.