Tomorrow I start my Pre Op Diet (pics)

Options
Hildabean
Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
Tomorrow I start my Pre Op Diet. So hubby and I decided to document by pictures and measurements. Starting today, then the next set on the day before the surgery (in 2 weeks). Then once a month on the first Sunday of the month. I am going to put the same outfit on each month to see the difference. So to make me accountable. Here is by starting weight pictures. I weigh 288lbs as of today. My highest weight has been 299lbs.

Thanks for your support!

ohhea5hbm41y.jpg

gthd7oqaxop4.jpg

Replies

• kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I think thats a great idea for accountability. :) I'm sorta right behind you as I'm starting my 2 week pre-op liquid diet on Jan 27th.
  • JDJasperNana
    JDJasperNana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm having my gastric bypass on Jan. 30. I am going to take pictures and measurements a couple of days before the surgery. My doctor hasn't put me on a pre-op diet, but I'm trying out different protein drinks so that I get used to them. I wish you lots of luck!
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the surgery yet. Based on my friends you will be amazed at the differences soon. Good luck.
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!! I have not either had my RNY, I am on delay to get BP under control. I go back Feb 11th and maybe maybe get to move forward. BUT I like what you are doing I am thinking I will copy. I have my start pics and did measurements last weekend, but more consistent pics would be smart.
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ugh weighed myself this morning I weighed 292lbs. How can you gain 4lbs in a day. Oh well wont weigh myself again till next week. We will see what the scale says.
  • ipeaceful
    ipeaceful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Could be just sodium. Maybe just a water gain. You're doing a nice job and keep at it!! You're making changes and that counts also.
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    ipeaceful is right, it's probably just water. :)
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Water can be the difference, weight is not a good way to measure success or failure. Body size and shape are a better measure of success.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for the 21st of Wednesday. I plan on taking pics but don't forget to measure too. Having inches lost can be inspiring on the days where you feel like you don't see it in pictures.
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how exciting i cant wait to get mine too... end of feb/ or in march not sure yet. thats a great idea and i love that butterfly shirt youre wearing ... <3 butterflies

lori
    sending you all friend request if you dont mind, xoxo
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My surgery is scheduled for the 21st of Wednesday. I plan on taking pics but don't forget to measure too. Having inches lost can be inspiring on the days where you feel like you don't see it in pictures.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS!
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone. Would love to keep up with everyone's progress.
  • shrinkingmags
    shrinkingmags Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am having my duodenal Switch on Tuesday so I am enjoying the liquid diet atm as well .Good Luck with your surgery.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Taking pics and measurements every month is a great idea and motivator. When things slow down or you hit a plateau for a bit, it's reassuring to look back and see tangible evidence of your transformation!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I didn't take before pictures although I do have pictures from like a year before surgery when I weighed the same as when I started. I used them, but anyway, I look forward to watching you shrink my friend!!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great idea, and I wish I had thought of it. Best wishes for an easy surgery and uncomplicated recovery. Can't wait to see more pictures!
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Going to follow your example. I just started last Tuesday. I am 5'4'' and my highest weight was 276. Here in the pics I am 273. Not much difference yet. d6b0lyeu97bd.jpg
    7o3evuqag1me.jpg
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Pic are a great idea. I have avoided having my pics taken for a long time now. I agree that the weight gain is probably water retention! I can gain 5-7 pounds over night. It will pass. Hope your Pre-Op diet is going well for you. I start mine on Feb 2nd. Surgery on the 16th! Good luck!