Lap Band and PCOS

Options
I'm 28 months post op. I've only cleared a 60 lbs loss in over 2 years with the band. Fresh out if post op, my band was always unstable with restriction. I'd have it, then wouldn't. My longest green zone was 6 months. I got prego one year post op but it ended in ectopic. Ever since that emergency surgery, my band has stopped working. It dilated my pouch for some reason. Now the smallest things will enflate my pouch. I'm always needing to go in and get unfilled then filled again. But my fills don't last long and restriction goes away. Post ectopic I have no lost any weight. It's been a year now. I can't help but think that my PCOS and the hormone probs that come with it is causing my band to not work how it should. Anyone experience this? I'm still eating low carb high pro. My cals are about 1000-1200. I do cross fit 3xs a week and moderate exercise the other days of the week. My weight will not budge. I even starting taking belviq to help get me going... but it's not working to surpress my hungry or sweet cravings. I feel like my pcos is really holding me back. I'm getting really discouraged!!

Replies

• Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What does your surgeon and nutritionist say?
  • Dannadl
    Dannadl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My surgeon BTW does a lot of revision surgeries to get rid of bands and take patients into RNY or the sleeve. Her office all but won't install them anymore...lowest rate of weightloss or the surgical options and highest rate of complications. She's thinking that the bands may be removed from the market entirely because of this...just food for thought.
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dr but I would be looking for another option. My Dr does not do Lap Band any more due to the complications of it working. He does a lot of revisions to either RNY or VSG. Good luck with everything.
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Do you take any medication such as metformin for your PCOS? If your hormones are out of whack it could contribute to the loss slowing down.

I have pcos as well and I am preop to get the sleeve. I don't know if that is something you are considering converting to or not. There are some studies regarding the sleeve and hormonespcos. http://www.laparoscopic.md/sleeve/hormones